Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allphones Arena, Sydney, AUS March 4 2015

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Allphones Arena, Sydney, AUS March 4 2015

Thanks for the review FP and the additional experiences Flojo. I'd agree that I too prefer the first set of the show over the second one - FP what do you think of the video backdrop to AG?

I didn't miss BOS either, I think as it is History of the Eagles its best to stick with the bad songs as opposed to the solos. I suppose though they know that Joe's solo songs will draw a certain proportion of the crowd that would just not attend if he didn't have them on the setlist.

FP I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with the wallet. But I'm sure there will be no problem getting in, so try not to stress. I had changed a credit card between purchasing and attending in Belfast in 2009 and there was no issue. In any of the Eagles (and Spandau Ballet) VIP events all I was asked for was ID. No Credit card. Hopefully you will get your cards soon. How sad that someone would not hand it in if they found your wallet.

And I do hope Rosalinds issues are sorted too. School can be a tough place at times.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Thanks for the review FP and the additional experiences Flojo. I'd agree that I too prefer the first set of the show over the second one - FP what do you think of the video backdrop to AG?

I didn't miss BOS either, I think as it is History of the Eagles its best to stick with the bad songs as opposed to the solos. I suppose though they know that Joe's solo songs will draw a certain proportion of the crowd that would just not attend if he didn't have them on the setlist.

FP I'm so sorry to hear about what happened with the wallet. But I'm sure there will be no problem getting in, so try not to stress. I had changed a credit card between purchasing and attending in Belfast in 2009 and there was no issue. In any of the Eagles (and Spandau Ballet) VIP events all I was asked for was ID. No Credit card. Hopefully you will get your cards soon. How sad that someone would not hand it in if they found your wallet.

And I do hope Rosalinds issues are sorted too. School can be a tough place at times.
    I did mention the AG video in the QCUA but it's gold for Glenn fans, isn't it? It reminds me of Top Gear road trips (to Americans who haven't seen Top Gear I can only apologise). I also thought the guitar duel was a bit like Top Gear as well with the oneupmanship.

I rang Allphones & all they need is a credit card statement with my name & address. Same with BEC, although in that case I have the paid statement of the transaction.

I must say that I love Joe's hair the length it is now. I thought when it was longer it was a bit stringy.

Gold for Glenn fans is a perfect description FP. If there was just ONE part of the show that I could video it would be that!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

By the way I've just read another thread and I've just remembered on Wednesday not only was there no Ted Nugent, there was... NO PLAINTIFF!

He did not do plaintiff in Dublin the night he wasn't well. It was like he was saying the minimum to conserve his voice for singing. I think thats the only show I've been to where he didn't do Plaintiff.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A fantastic review of this concert...

http://linkis.com/ellistabletalk.com/KyOCG
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Good old Bob Ellis. I have a few of his books on Australian politics but he's become more eccentric in recent times. I notice he didn't actually write this review. This paragraph:

‘New Kid in Town’ is up next. Glen encourages the audience to sing a long again with this one. When he sings the line ‘you look in her eyes…..the music begins to play’ , I felt a collective shiver going down everyone’s spine (including mine) at the depth of feeling and emotion and longing that Glenn was able to deliver in that one line …. were we really here, hearing him sing that line live to us ? If I never heard another note that night, I would be content having heard the magic that he delivered in that phrase.

Yes, yes & yes, although he urged us to sing along with Lyin' Eyes. There was no intro to NKIT at all.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

So glad I clicked on the link! I got the sense that it would not be a typical review when I got to, "I have tried to bring the feeling, sights and sound of the concert to them, and everyone else, through these words."

She must have been taking furious notes. Always nice to read a reviewer who appreciates the guys as much as we do!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the reviews FP and flojo and I hope losing your wallet didn't totally spoil the evening for you, FP.

And VA - thanks for posting that terrific review. Gosh, maybe I'm just overly sentimental since this tour seems to be winding down, but I actually teared up reading the last few paragraphs of that. Wow - I hate to think that I've seen the HOTE tour for the last time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I
    Steph - Will could have been a different person. He has cut his hair short again & has shaved.

Short hair & shaved - is the man having a personality crisis!!
    Hope his hair isn't TOO short. He has a habit of letting it get too long & then getting it cut too short.
    Three cheers for him having a shave though. It's about time. That beard has been spoiling my fantasies for over a year now.

Sorry to hear about your wallet. Hope you get all your cards sorted out quickly & that you didn't lose much cash.