Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    SS - Hmmmmm.......... Very interesting. I always loved "Georgia Peach" and I would love to know what the "nice ballad" was.
    And how does it compare to the Patti Davis ballad IWYP that ended up on OOTN.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    Well, supposedly that was the plan at the beginning that each member would get at least two songs on every album. Your other thoughts make a lot of sense
    Thanks!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I'm loath to name because it officially "doesn't exist," even though it does. I like it much more than IWYP. Why do you think GP didn't fit in with the new direction? I feel it's the most rocking tune Bernie ever wrote for the band.

Is It True is my 3rd most favorite on this album and Midnight Flyer is 5th.

I'd like to say something else here. You Never Cry Like a Lover is the consensus weakest song on the album. IMHO, Bernie had two superior songs they could have used instead - Georgia Peach and a very nice ballad. He could have had that originally agreed upon second song. It would have saved them a lot of trouble.
    Is there any way for us to find Bernie’s ballad? I think you said someone showed them to you. That’d be great to hear!

Stuck on the Border

I'm loath to name because it officially "doesn't exist," even though it does. I like it much more than IWYP. Why do you think GP didn't fit in with the new direction? I feel it's the most rocking tune Bernie ever wrote for the band.

Well, pardon my English, but that sucks. No offense to you SS. I was never a fan of IWYP, so it is a shame the "Nice Ballad" never would up on the album.
    I guess the song "never existed" the same way all the footage of those 70's concerts never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Is there any way for us to find Bernie’s ballad? I think you said someone showed them to you. That’d be great to hear!
    I'm sure there's some way, because they're out there. Sorry, maybe I should shut up about this. I don't wanna be a tease. I wanna disseminate info to fellow Eagles fans, but i'm walking a fine line here.

I'm sure there's some way, because they're out there. Sorry, maybe I should shut up about this. I don't wanna be a tease. I wanna disseminate info to fellow Eagles fans, but i'm walking a fine line here.
    No Worries, if it’s too much of a problem No need to stress about it. I’d leave to hear that unreleased material but I understand the secrecy of all this (which is unfortunately necessary these days)

Side note: can anyone provide a link to Georgia peach? Only “Wait and see” is avaliable on YouTube still. I haven’t listened to it in full.

Why do you think GP didn't fit in with the new direction? I feel it's the most rocking tune Bernie ever wrote for the band.
    You’re right, I went back and gave it another listen and it’s more rockin than I remembered. I thought it had more of a country twang than it does.

And congrats on becoming a Border Rebel!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    No Worries, if it’s too much of a problem No need to stress about it. I’d leave to hear that unreleased material but I understand the secrecy of all this (which is unfortunately necessary these days)

Side note: can anyone provide a link to Georgia peach? Only “Wait and see” is avaliable on YouTube still. I haven’t listened to it in full.
    YEF - There used to be a you tube site that had the concert from Holy Cross College(Mass.) in 1973. Georgia Peach was performed at that concert. Which, was a great concert and I would love to have a dvd of that concert. I don't know if it is still up on you tube.

Stuck on the Border

SS -Thank You, we don't want to get you in trouble.
    And, congrats on becoming a Border Rebel !

Yes, thanks, a Rebel is more esteemed than a Desperado