Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

This is our third On the Border Survivor game. The first one was in 2007 where Already Gone beat The Best of My Love by only one vote.

The second game was in 2010 where The Best of My Love beat Already Gone in a landslide.

And then, this time around, of course, Already Gone beat The Best of My Love in a landslide.

So either way, it appears that Already Gone and The Best of My Love are the fan favorites from this album here on The Border.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks Dreamer and Shun. Goes to show, good music lasts through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I appreciate your response, cosec and I totally get that some folks may find live performances more appealing. But, I guess I'm more of a big picture person. The subtle variations between an Eagles studio recording and live performance just aren't enough to change my overall opinion about how much I like or dislike the song. But that's just me. Different strokes, for sure.
    Yeah exactly. I respect how you feel too.

The thing is, I feel I like live versions way more because I have easy access to them. All of my bootleg collection is digital. I access my friends' collection through Google Drive and I have a personal collection in my computer. So I can easily listen to anything I want. From a huge variety of full shows! Whereas I presume you guys (older bootleg collectors) do it with physical media. That's why I feel most of you guys feel that studio is adequate. It is too inconvenient to take a physical bootleg for listening to say, only one or two songs.

Also I forgot to mention a difference about Best of My Love. For example in 1975 Boston, Dan Fogelberg comes up for this song and plays piano. There is drums as well!! Here is a link to the full concert. Hopefully not blocked for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVBkhKdQg4o

Also all credit to you for organising a great game!! Was enjoyable! This was my first Survivor game here, and as I said, wonderful experience! To celebrate, I am gonna give a link to 'Tales of Frontiers' (Lenox 74) from the On the Border tour!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x7d91p-avc
    The chemistry... nuff said