Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I’m afraid that my question got turned into something. I was asking had Glenn approved of them continuing with Deacon, how would you feel. I think you said that has been answered and I am sorry for being repetitive. My goal on here is to have a deeper understanding of your opinions so that i can understand your sentiment. Feel free to not answer it all you want. Many have said they don’t care for me asking the question and although I’m dissapointed by that, this is your thread not mine and I have to respect that
    For the umpteenth time,NO, I would not agree with it had Glenn approved of them continuing with Deacon.

Soda said;

It's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey.

How many more times does this have to be repeated before the 3.0 crowd understand it? It is not difficult.

Oh, and as for the 'fantasy world' stuff... please. I live in the real world where I have rejected this. In my view it is the surviving band members & their supporters who are dealing in fantasy.

If people are going to use such language, I don't see why I shouldn't.

As for moving on, I have wanted to move on for a long time. All I have wanted was for my objections to be respected, not agreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    For the umpteenth time,NO, I would not agree with it had Glenn approved of them continuing with Deacon.

Soda said;

It's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey.

How many more times does this have to be repeated before the 3.0 crowd understand it? It is not difficult.

Oh, and as for the 'fantasy world' stuff... please. I live in the real world where I have rejected this. In my view it is the surviving band members & their supporters who are dealing in fantasy.

If people are going to use such language, I don't see why I shouldn't.
    Freypower I apologize for repeating a previous point. I have not personally seen it mentioned but you say you have and I know you are honest. I wish you and the people who reject the current lineup peace and a place to talk. I will keep myself out of the thread

Stuck on the Border

If the questions asked from us who don't like the current band are genuine - to gain a "deeper understanding" - why are my replies always ignored? Am I not aggressive enough? Is it too hard to get into a fight with me?

(Sorry, I used the wrong verb, to "address" a question, earlier. I fixed it. Gotta work on my English.)

EDIT:

I notice we're moving into a more peaceful direction in this thread for a change. That's nice.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-17-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    If the questions asked from us who don't like the current band are genuine - to gain a "deeper understanding" - why are my replies always ignored? Am I not aggressive enough? Is it too hard to get into a fight with me?

(Sorry, I used the wrong verb, to "address" a question, earlier. It means the opposite to asking a question. I fixed it. Gotta work on my English.)

EDIT:

I notice we're moving into a more peaceful direction in this thread for a change. That's nice.
    Chaim - You are always so diplomatic.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Chaim - You are always so diplomatic.
    But sometimes a bit passive aggressive perhaps. I do notice it.

(Sorry, I used the wrong verb, to "address" a question, earlier. I fixed it. Gotta work on my English.)

EDIT:

Chaim- I couldn’t find your response to my question. I found your comment talking about how you don’t care what the lineup does. For my question I didn’t plan on responding unless I felt it was necessary to address something. I appreciate your input and I am glad we have a healthy middle ground on here

Stuck on the Border

OK, well I am sorry I sounded so annoyed above. I feel there are only so many times the same question can be answered. I have this to say:

How I wish, how I wish you were here
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl
    Year after year
    Running over the same old ground
    What have we found?
    The same old fears
    Wish you were here

And that is where I now intend to leave it.

Maybe slightly more ok with this happening, but I still wouldn't personally think of the band as "Eagles". And musically I'd still have zero interest. I'm not sure about the first thing I said ("this happening"), but I'm sure about the other two (band name/interest musically).
    Your response to YEF's question. Right there in plain view.

YEF asked the question but now states there was no real intent/plan to respond unless something needed to be addressed?

I would laugh at the pure absurdity ...
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-18-2017 at 08:11 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Truthfully, I don't know how many more times we have to keep saying the Eagles are not the Eagles without Glenn Frey. And, we would feel the same way if it were Don who passed instead of Glenn. However, I firmly believe Glenn would never had re-grouped and retired the band gracefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Your response to YEF's question. Right there in plain view.

YEF asked the question but now states there was no real intent/plan to respond unless something needed to be addressed?

I would laugh at the pure absurdity ...
    I am dissapointed that you felt you needed to post this. It’s borderline antagonizing and I made every attempt to apologize and leave. I’m not sure why this was necessary. I would not have responded to the answer to my question unless I had a question or they brought something different up. I just didn’t think it was necessary unless something new was added. I was asking for your opinion. I don’t see the need for a response but apparently it’s worth laughing at.