Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Songs in the documentary

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Songs in the documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyRVatbqHAA

Also, what song is Glenn singing and strumming in the motel room?
    We don't know. Whatever it is, it was never finished.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ootn75 View Post
    Just out of curiosity - I've got a playlist of every Eagles song ever in date order that I listen to all the time. I'm not the only one, right? There's also an "every song ever in order" playlist for GF, DH, RM, Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie Nicks. My hubby thinks it's weird.
    Totally NOT weird to me OOTN75! And probably not for most people here!

And thanks so much shun!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for all of your hard work in putting this song list together, shun. I had actually thought about doing this a while back, but never got around to doing it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You're welcome guys. I had too much time on my hands. LOL

I know the song Glenn sings (with the cigarettes in his guitars) and the one that Linda is singing to introduce Bernie was not in the credits. Some of the songs were out of order from the credits and they left out some of the songs(i.e. Take It Easy, Take It To The Limit etc).

Oh wow! You totally made this day SO much better! I'm sending hugs unless that's weird ;o) Just out of curiosity - I've got a playlist of every Eagles song ever in date order that I listen to all the time. I'm not the only one, right? There's also an "every song ever in order" playlist for GF, DH, RM, Fleetwood Mac, and Stevie Nicks. My hubby thinks it's weird.
    I do that all the time. In fact, I am currently having a dilemma about a new chronological playlist I am making. I want to include the solo stuff, but should I start with the James Gang / Shiloh / Mushrooms stuff from the 60s, or from 1972 onwards? Also, where should the live material go? It would be redundant to put the songs right next to each other, but that would go with the date. Finally, should I put the solo songs in chronological order of release, in between the Eagles material, or after it?

Ah, the agonies of the anal.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would never get something like that done!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I do that all the time. In fact, I am currently having a dilemma about a new chronological playlist I am making. I want to include the solo stuff, but should I start with the James Gang / Shiloh / Mushrooms stuff from the 60s, or from 1972 onwards? Also, where should the live material go? It would be redundant to put the songs right next to each other, but that would go with the date. Finally, should I put the solo songs in chronological order of release, in between the Eagles material, or after it?

Ah, the agonies of the anal.
    I'm constantly working on a Joe one. I love chronological order. I always include the James Gang w/Joe but then I vacillate on, should I include Eagles songs? If I include Eagles songs do I include only the ones Joe sings on? Should I include the ones where his guitar playing is featured, like, Life In The Fast Lane. Then if I'm getting crazy anal about it, do I put songs that Joe has just played on for other artists like Thunder Island & Riding the Storm Out, etc...... Glad to see I'm not alone in my obsessiveness!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Out on the Border

I don't know if this pic will post but I screen-shat my playlist. I have a few bootlegs here and there I might stick in there somewhere but this is the playlist right now. I had the "OOTN Intro" from the boxed set in there between BOML & OOTN but it pissed me off so I took it out. The 2nd Nightingale is from here & I prefer it:
    http://www.billhalverson.com/audio/NIGHTINGALE.mp3

I'd love to know if I missed something big!

Out on the Border

Maybe this will work

I don't know if this pic will post but I screen-shat my playlist. I have a few bootlegs here and there I might stick in there somewhere but this is the playlist right now. I had the "OOTN Intro" from the boxed set in there between BOML & OOTN but it pissed me off so I took it out. The 2nd Nightingale is from here & I prefer it:
    http://www.billhalverson.com/audio/NIGHTINGALE.mp3

I'd love to know if I missed something big!

Out on the Border

Glenn, Don, Randy & JD have their own playlists of solo stuff because I have all their stuff. Joe has a "highlights" one and Timothy has a Poco songs he sang/ Expando one because that's all I have. I didn't want solo stuff in with Eagles stuff. Different moods. I don't have every live recording I have in there - just the "official" ones and a few others. I also ended up with a youtube video of every song on the tour so I pulled the audio and made that playlist too. That's how my boys knew what song was coming up next at the concert ;o)