I love everything about this album. It, along with Barnstorm, is Joe's best. All of side 1 is nothing but winners. On side 2, you could forget the instrumentals but they're interesting nonetheless. 'Tomorrow' is a really, really underrated song, I just adore it. Sleigh bells, great harmonies, what a tune. And of course there's 'Life's Been Good', a song I've been in love with since I first heard it on the car radio back in 1991. I remember going, "wow, what's this? The guitars are awesome and it's really long and epic and this appealed to me because right then I had just become a fan of Led Zeppelin through 'Stairway to Heaven' and I therefore had my ear open for huge, long classic rock epics. 'Life's Been Good' simultaneously fit that plus it was like nothing I'd ever heard before.

A couple of years later (after becoming an Eagles fan) I finally got a hold of this album on cassette and practically wore it out on my Walkman many mornings that I had to walk to high school.

I've loved Don Henley's solo work since I was a kid in the '80s but as I collected more of Joe's solo albums from the '70s, I began to realize that he had the best solo career out of all the Eagles, and most of it was from before he joined the band!