Thread: Joe - The Future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default Joe - The Future

I got the impression that the gap between rumours of summer dates with Bad Company surfacing and the official announcement of the One Hell Of A Night Tour was Joe making sure that there will be no Eagles related commitments this summer.

If his 40 year connection with the Eagles is truly over, I think Joe is almost certain to become part of (another)super group.

Before HFO, he put together a band with Frankie Miller and Nicky Hopkins. He may also have been part of Felder, Schmit's & Co's The Malibu Men's Choir although I believe Felder didn't want him in the band.

I'm sure Felder would fancy putting that band together again, welcoming Joe with open arms, now he's sober.

Side projects and Super groups are 10-a-penny now so, although I fully expect Joe to continue with his solo projects, I also expect him to get heavily involved with an act that he's not the boss. As Paul Rogers was a guy he said he'd like to work with, it may be sooner rather than later.

I think Joe believes that Henley will also miss being in a band so don't think Joe will write off the Eagles just yet.

Smile Re: Joe - The Future

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I got the impression that the gap between rumours of summer dates with Bad Company surfacing and the official announcement of the One Hell Of A Night Tour was Joe making sure that there will be no Eagles related commitments this summer.

If his 40 year connection with the Eagles is truly over, I think Joe is almost certain to become part of (another)super group.

Before HFO, he put together a band with Frankie Miller and Nicky Hopkins. He may also have been part of Felder, Schmit's & Co's The Malibu Men's Choir although I believe Felder didn't want him in the band.

I'm sure Felder would fancy putting that band together again, welcoming Joe with open arms, now he's sober.

Side projects and Super groups are 10-a-penny now so, although I fully expect Joe to continue with his solo projects, I also expect him to get heavily involved with an act that he's not the boss. As Paul Rogers was a guy he said he'd like to work with, it may be sooner rather than later.

I think Joe believes that Henley will also miss being in a band so don't think Joe will write off the Eagles just yet.
    Funk50, hello! Do you know where I can find out more about this Malibu Men's choir band? I've done a web search but no information is readily available. Thanks!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe - The Future

Here is a link to the threads where we discussed the Malibu Men's Choir.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...oir#post304496

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...+men%27s+choir

I have no idea if Joe would just suddenly want to work with Felder again. I don't think it's that simple.

I am not going to comment on the speculation that the Eagles could continue. I see no point in responding to these remarks.

Also, F50, don't you think you could have phrased the 'Joe making sure there would be no Eagles' related commitments' comments rather more delicately?

Yes, yes. Move on.

OP:

There won't be any more Eagles. That's just fact.

As far as Joe's tour, I think he's doing it to keep himself busy, he knows Glenn wouldn't want him to sit at home and vegetate.

Henley may miss being a band, but there's no way they would go out with Henley, Walsh, and Schmit as the Eagles. And they may not go out again together at all in any form. Even if they just played Henley's Eagles songs, they couldn't do a show around that IMO as the Eagles, it would be Don Henley and his backing band.

It's extremely saddening but it is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Here is a link to the threads where we discussed the Malibu Men's Choir.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...oir#post304496

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...+men%27s+choir

I have no idea if Joe would just suddenly want to work with Felder again. I don't think it's that simple.

I am not going to comment on the speculation that the Eagles could continue. I see no point in responding to these remarks.

Also, F50, don't you think you could have phrased the 'Joe making sure there would be no Eagles' related commitments' comments rather more delicately?

Yes, yes. Move on.
    Thank you very much for your guidance, FP. I'll go to these threads.

Smile Re: Joe - The Future

Wow, I've had a great time reading and learning about all of this, but now I'm obsessed with Paul Carrack on YouTube, having read much about him!

Gotta get back!

I always find people's speculations fascinating. I hope Joe does NOT join another "super group". He does awesome fronting his own band. I do think he'll probably continue to work with others as he always has. Keep in mind Joe's been on gobs of people's records. Everyone from Lionel Ritchie to the Foo Fighters. I think he enjoys guesting on other people's work.

I won't speculate on anything further than that because we do NOT know anything about the future. I suspect that beyond the upcoming tour w/Bad Co., even Joe doesn't know what the future holds.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69