Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stoppelmarkt in Vechta, Germany 6/28/14

Default Re: Stoppelmarkt in Vechta, Germany 6/28/14

I found a setlist on setlist.fm. I know it's not always true but looking at the pictures, it could be right. I kinda can tell what songs they are playing from the pictures. They probably did add HL and DL

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles...-6bc1aa06.html

Could you post the photos where you think they're doing those songs? I'm too tired to look, lol.

What we really need is video, since setlist fm is so unreliable.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

From what I could tell the photos show the songs as this setlist claims, until Heartache Tonight. In the first photos they are all playing acoustic guitars which indicates they are doing How Long. You can tell that Glenn is singing lead in all these songs except for ICTYW. As the photos end at HT there is no way to tell if they did DL. NB: I could tell the final song is HT because it's the new version with both Don & Glenn on acoustics.

But the thing about HL, I thought Joe plays electric guitar on that song. So it could be HL or TITTL. HT. Also. Joe plays slide guitar on that song. How many songs does all 4 (and 5) of them are at the microphone and have separate mike stands. I know LWKUA, BOML, TITTL, and HT. Those songs Don is playing the acoustic guitar. I think I just answered my question. LOL

I agree with what FP said. I was about to post, but my browser was not responding and I had to restart my computer.

I've been looking for video from the show too and I haven't seen any yet.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-30-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    But the thing about HL, I thought Joe plays electric guitar on that song. So it could be HL or TITTL. HT. Also. Joe plays slide guitar on that song. How many songs does all 4 (and 5) of them are at the microphone and have separate mike stands. I know LWKUA, TITTL, and HT. Those songs Don is playing the acoustic guitar. I think I just answered my question. LOL

I agree with what FP said. I was about to post, but my browser was not responding and I had to restart my computer.

I've been looking for video from the show too and I haven't seen any yet.
    The first few photos are probably TITTL then.

Here's Take It Easy from the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1L0x9lg38I

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I saw a tweet on Saturday that said the person wasn't happy that it wasn't a HOTE show, and I didn't understand it. Now I do.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I saw this article on Facebook. There's a possibility that the first picture is HL.

http://www.ndr.de/ndr1niedersachsen/...eagles184.html

I use Google translate. So the translation might be off a little.

Here's what it said in German in the first paragraph.

Eagles: Welcome to the Stoppelmarkt in Vechta

"History of the Eagles" is their current world tour. The schedule of the Eagles this is just one concert in Germany - and that was on Saturday in Vechta on the stage. There, on the grounds of stubble market, even light drizzle could not dampen the jubilation and anticipation: Thousands of fans, most of them in the prime of life, expected the stars from the United States. And they were also quite entertained at the opening act of the nearly sold out concert: first by The BossHoss, then by Manfred Mann's Earth Band.
    This the third paragraph.

At 21.30 clock then enter - in the still steadily dripping drizzle of Vechta - the Eagles the stage. "Canadian beach weather we call it in California," says frontman Glen Frey welcome. Together with Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmidt and supported by other musicians takes the band deep into the treasure chest of their shared musical history. And suddenly even the sky has relented, the rain decreases. The Eagles soar With a Country, offer harmonious vocal harmonies as perfect as in the studio and go after half an hour some rock into the rock tray. The atmosphere increases, the musicians turn sharply to, premiums are due.
    Last concert in Germany the Eagles?

At the end of may, of course, the "Hotel California" is not missing, then gets even "Desperado" - and then the only concert in Germany is on the Eagles-world tour already over. Perhaps the final at all, as some of the fans speculate on the Stoppelmarkt after the concert. But they were luckily with this.

Watch the video a little down the page and at the 1:53 mark, they are singing HL. And Joe is playing that same guitar in that first picture. So the setlist is right. If they played HL, they probably played DL.

They sing HT, TITTL, and HL in the video. I wish I knew what the interviewer and the people they were saying. I took German is college, but I'm not that good in it.

Here's a snippet of "Dirty Laundry" from the show:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbx1CC2lPVY[/ame]