Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

Thank you GA for offering to bring the pick to NYC. But I would hate for you to bring it and in all the NYC excitement and frantic pace something happen to it. It is probably best that it stay in Ireland all safe and sound! A photo of it is great!
    I remember bringing something to Memphis to show Dreamer and Soda and I kept thinking I would leave it in the hotel room with all the activity, fun and excitement and late nights and early morning departure.

Out on the Border

Talking Re: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Oh, there was a kid in the front row (shouldn't have been. The age was 16 which was why I bought the seated tix in the first place!) but the lads made a great fuss of him. He gift picks from Timothy and Glenn and Don sent over his drumsticks.
    During the interval, Scott Crago came over from behind stage left to meet my son, get his name so that Don could sign them for after the show. Timothy spotted him after the interval, and sent down his bass pick (straight from the great ones hand!). After the finale, Glenn spotted my son, so instead of walking off in turn, he went back and had a pick sent down. The signed sticks duly arrived. What a night for my kid, just 13y.o. and will carry those memories for the rest of his days!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

That is so awesome, JGN! Welcome to The Border, BTW. The guys seem to like seeing young kids in the front, and it's so cool that they made your son's night like that! Awesome guys, aren't they!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Wow - awesome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

That is just brilliant, JGN. Imagine getting Don's drumsticks!! I'd have died. Your son will fully appreciate how cool it was in a few years time I'd bet. Right now, you can take the kudos. Bet you never had this much excitement in Sligo for a while
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very cool for your son, JGN!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

That's great JGN, it was a fabulous night wasn't it

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I saw your son getting those gifts and thought what a lucky lad he was. I also saw Glenn go back to his mic to get the guitar pick. The Eagles will live on for another generation!! Delighted for you and your son!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Wow!! It's so great to hear that The Eagles are vey generous guys to their audience once again.

it's especially good to hear that even when people are going through some very rough stressful times in their lives music and especially Eagles music can bring our stress level down and for a moment give us some peace and enjoyment.

So great reading these posts and my prayers go out to DD and your family. Maybe when you are feeling very stressed or overwhelmed you can put on an Eagles CD close your eyes and imagine yourself back at the concert.

Border Troubadour

I just want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and wishes before this thread closes. I'm usually not good at 'opening up' but I think the occasion of last week (can't believe it's a week already!) got to me. I was so emotional and overcome especially seeing Don 'live'.

Anyway, thanks to this Forum and you guys I'm trying to 'Get Over It' because I was like a lost '...sheep without a shepherd...'

Apologies for the bad puns but the Eagles' lyrics always somehow seem appropriate.

As I can't thank you all individually, here's a collective hug from me to you

Thanks again
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...