Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SSE Hydro, Glasgow 31/05/2014

Default Re: SSE Hydro, Glasgow 31/05/2014

Glad you enjoyed the show, Lainey! How cool would it be to spot an Eagle around town? Of course, the real question is, what would you do if you saw one of them walking by?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LOL....I think if Joe is here he would be visiting Frankie Miller, so wish I was going again tomorrow x

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the show, Lainey! How cool would it be to spot an Eagle around town? Of course, the real question is, what would you do if you saw one of them walking by?
    I was planning on mooching around Selfridges in Birmingham when they were here last week. Unfortunately I was knackered so went back to bed instead

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That would depend on which one !

xLx

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome Lainey and glad you had a great time at the show. Hope you stick around and join in on other discussions.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Welcome Lainey and glad you had a great time at the show. Hope you stick around and join in on other discussions.
    Will do, glad I found you all x

xLx

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, Lainey, welcome!!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

Hello all - first post from a newbie!

For that ET article they could have found fans from a little further afield - we were there and are from Lancashire!

We were Eagles virgins and the tickets were my Christmas presents for my wife. A comment was made when we saw the histry documentary that it would be cool to see them. Why Glasgow when we are less then an hour to Manchester? My wife works in a school, so big nights out on weekdays are not a great idea and on the first batch of dates it was the only Saturday. Glasgow is also quite convenient to get to as we live only a few minutes from a train station on the West Coast Main Line. So I added a couple of nights in a hotel and we made a (child free) weekend of it.

We quite liked Glasgow, but I am sure few of you will be interested in that!

We got to the Hydro in plenty of time, drinks & programs bought and we went to find our seats - we were very pleased - nice and central, in a position where we could see well.

The venue were clear about the use of mobiles and cameras. I am a little mixed on that - on the down side I would have liked a pic or two of the show I was at. On the up side we were not trying to watch through a sea of raised arms and cameras/phones. They were VERY sharp on speaking to people that infringed. We also found the group next to us chatting through the narrative from the bands little distracting. Given the price of tickets we were also surprised that the rather enthusiastic couple in front of us were missing as much as they were. They missed desperado!

I'll not list the set list - I am sure everyone knows the list by now.

We thoroughly enjoyed the show. From the "intimate" (in a venue that size!) start set in a rehearsal room all the way through. I am struggling to think of highlights and low lights - we just enjoyed the whole thing. The only thing that would have improved it for my wife would have been adding "Boys of summer".

we are tempted to check for ticket availability in June in Manchester!

Paul.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Great review Paul and welcome. Why don't you try June in Liverpool! or perhaps this weekend in Dublin?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the review, Paul. Manchester sounds like a good plan. Or maybe you're due another weekend break in London.