Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: An Evening With the Eagles fall "mini" tour announced

Default Re: An Evening With the Eagles fall "mini" tour announced

Let's just leave this thread to those who are planning on going; it's pointless to go around popping balloons in the various show threads.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Let's just leave this thread to those who are planning on going; it's pointless to go around popping balloons in the various show threads.
    You’re right. I agree about the various threads being used for the 3.0 topic.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Although I just realized belatedly that this wasn't a show thread! However, it is in a sense; it serves the same purpose, and the principle is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yes it is I'm sorry but I thought this was the place to talk about the fall tour and my question about revenue from the tour was related.

You have a point, Dawn, which is why I wondered if I had done the right thing to say "leave it to those who are going" after I realized it wasn't a show thread.

I don't want to censor anyone. I don't want to ironically become a "happiness patrol" that ensures no one criticizes the band outside of Eagles 3.0 in this forum, and it appears that's what I've done here.

It's hard to know where to draw the line. I guess I just felt bad for the people who were excited.

Quote Originally Posted by russpa333 View Post
    i live just outside London in United Kingdom, since listening to the band around 8 years ago i love their music i have since seen them in concert in London 3 times, once in Birmingham, once in Amsterdam , once in Berlin, once in dubai, once in Sydney, once in Melbourne, twice in New York, once in Las vegas and last time in July in Los Angeles and now coming back to Greensboro with my friend to see them there at the Coliseum in October. I guess i really do enjoy their music and well they are great , was sad the passing of GF, was amazing at Los angeles the welcome to his son. Love the USA
    How cool you’ve seen them at so many different venues. Thanks for your perspective as someone who saw them before and after Glenn died. I’m sure the Greensboro show tomorrow will be just as amazing as the L.A. one. Have fun!

Banned

Feeling bad for the people who are excited is such an odd position to take. I can't imagine wanting to rob someone of joy over anything, as fleeting and difficult as it is to find. I am excited about seeing Don, Joe, Timothy, Deacon and Vince perform in Louisville on Oct. 24. It'll be my 32nd Eagles concert, including Classic West. I like hearing their songs. I grieved for a long time over Glenn and will probably mourn for him again, but for now I get to hear this group of people make and perform music and I want to be a part of it. I'm excited and I reject your pity.

Stuck on the Border

"Feeling bad for the people who are excited is such an odd position to take."
    My take is Soda was feeling bad about there being negative comments in a thread where people were excited.

Banned

Ah. I got it now. My mistake. Apologies, Soda.

I also tend to believe the song/order change was to take some of the load off Don. But why not replace it with another slow-paced song like Pretty Maids All in a Row? I guess they wanted to pick up the pace of the show by adding another rocker.