Page 136 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Huh, that's weird. While Soda may disagree with the group touring as The Eagles right now, nowhere I have seen her be disrespectful or nasty to anyone who supports it and wants to see them continue. What a damn shame the same respect can't be accorded to her.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Huh, that's weird. While Soda may disagree with the group touring as The Eagles right now, nowhere I have seen her be disrespectful or nasty to anyone who supports it and wants to see them continue. What a damn shame the same respect can't be accorded to her.
    Hear hear.

Thanks to those who welcomed me back, but no more arguments for me. I think I need to make a new signature. I've just had an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Agreed.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thanks guys. That post was a while back, but it was certainly memorable, so it came to mind as an example I could provide AT without having to dig through a gazillion posts.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Last night when the house was asleep I was browsing through this topic and added the results to my previous post. On page 38 I found the second example. Then I went "what on earth am I doing?", stopped what I was doing, removed the mentions of the examples from my post and started doing something more interesting - watching the old TV series Get Smart.

I have nothing against the people who have said something like "this is an Eagles forum..." in the past and I'm not interested in bringing up old stuff. I only said "when someone says something like that again..." when it seemed to me that some people try to say that history doesn't exist here. I realized that I don't have to prove it. If someone recognizes him/herself in that sentence, fine, if someone thinks I made it up, fine.
    Last edited by chaim; 08-19-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Banned

It may not be disrespectful, but it is quite passive-aggressive to have "1971-2016" accompanying the Eagles graphic on the main page. The lineup in that picture didn't begin until 2001, so the only interpretation is that the group is dead. Which it isn't.

Stuck on the Border

WW, WF & FP - Amen.

Chaim - I agree. I think pretty much everything that can be said pro or negative has been said.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 08-19-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Last night when the house was asleep I was browsing through this topic and added the results to my previous post. On page 38 I found the second example. Then I went "what on earth am I doing?", stopped what I was doing, removed the mentions of the examples from my post and started doing something more interesting - watching the old TV series Get Smart.

I have nothing against the people who have said something like "this is an Eagles forum..." in the past and I'm not interested in bringing up old stuff. I only said "when someone says something like that again..." when it seemed to me that some people try to say that history doesn't exist here. I realized that I don't have to prove it. If someone recognizes him/herself in that sentence, fine, if someone thinks I made it up, fine.
    Good point. You're right. I won't go fishing for any more examples either.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesInKansas
    It may not be disrespectful, but it is quite passive-aggressive to have "1971-2016" accompanying the Eagles graphic on the main page. The lineup in that picture didn't begin until 2001, so the only interpretation is that the group is dead. Which it isn't.
    I actually put those dates on the banner months before the announcement was made, just like I put the birth and death dates for Glenn on his site.

After the announcement was made, I wasn't sure what to do. I considered removing the dates, but then I thought, it's actually informative. The site only covers the band through those years.

So, I put a post on the front page that anyone looking for information on more recent events should go to eagles.com. Bases covered.

It never even occurred to me someone would think the dates were supposed to refer to the band line-up on the picture. It's hardly the only interpretation. It's actually rather an odd one because you'd have to be very ill-informed about the band to interpret it that way. Thus, I'm not going to let it concern me too much.

Banned

My point, which I thought was clear, wasn't that someone could match those dates with the lineup in the picture, but that no one could.

My apologies for the mixup on the timeline, but it appears that we're covering a lot of territory here beyond 2016.

Your disapproval has been duly noted.