Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Timothy singing on CSN's Daylight Again album?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Timothy singing on CSN's Daylight Again album?

I was poking through Tim's site on here. I reading the "fun facts and trivia" part, and I came across the fact about Tim singing on CSN'S Daylight Again album. Does anyone know what songs he sang on?

CSN is one of my favorite "supergroups". The next time I listen to Daylight Again, I will pay extra close attention to see if I can hear Tim's voice!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Banned

Default Re: Timothy singing on CSN's Daylight Again album?

I loved the Live Video/DVD, CSN did at the time of Daylight Again. It caught my interest as it had Joe Vitale and George "Chocolate" Perry, from Joe's band playing on it.

After seeing them live, I lost my enthusiasm for them, although I do have quite a few CSN(+Y) CDs.

Daylight Again is almost Stills, Nash & Schmit album. Tim was brought in to sing Crosby's harmony as he, I believe, was in prison. Crosby was added later to give the album more saleability.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:
    Timothy B. Schmit — vocals on "Turn Your Back on Love," "Wasted on the Way," "Southern Cross," "Song for Susan," "You Are Alive," and "Tomorrow Is Another Day"; bass on "Song for Susan"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_Again

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I loved the Live Video/DVD, CSN did at the time of Daylight Again. It caught my interest as it had Joe Vitale and George "Chocolate" Perry, from Joe's band playing on it.

After seeing them live, I lost my enthusiasm for them, although I do have quite a few CSN(+Y) CDs.

Daylight Again is almost Stills, Nash & Schmit album. Tim was brought in to sing Crosby's harmony as he, I believe, was in prison. Crosby was added later to give the album more saleability.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_Again
    Well, in some ways, that kind of ruins the album for me, but in other ways, it makes me like it more. I do love the live footage from the tour that I've seen on youtube. I had no idea that Crosby's pruson sentence coincided with the making on the album!
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I recently finished the audio version of Graham Nash's autobiography and he talks about Timothy contributing to the harmony vocals on "Wasted on the Way." David Crosby was very ill/incapacitated from drugs at the time and his voice was shot.

Graham also talks about the Eagles performing at Peace Sunday, a massive benefit concert he organized in 1982, but of course he should have said Timothy Schmit and Don Felder, since the Eagles had broken up by 1982.

I was curious to check out the live DVD from CSN's 1982 Universal Ampitheater performance, as Graham goes into such vivid detail about Crosby's "ghastly" appearance, numerous skin sores and "dead eyes."

OMG, David's eyes were absolutely freaky - and he could barely remember to sing on "Wooden Ships," poor guy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8kOFn6rmtg
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 06-05-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DC was a complete mess! I'm surprised he survived it all! Have you read his autobigraphy? I really enjoyed it, but my eyes were certainly opened! Him and his wife lived on a mattress in one room of their house at one time! He pretty much lost everything to drugs.

I just love their music though! I have a box set of 3 dvds that are fantastic! Their harmonies just amaze me!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I read David's first autobiography, "Long Time Gone." His poor wife Jan, she went through hell. It's a miracle that they could both recover so fully.

In Graham's book, Stephen Stills comes across (probably inadvertently on Graham's part) as a fascinating enigma: enormously talented, sweet, arrogant, generous and certifiably crazy for long stretches of time.

OT to AG: you said in the other thread you think Stephen Stills is attractive. Google Chris Stills, his 41-year old son, he's gorgeous - and he speaks French, ooh la la.

I haven't read either book. Because of how rural the area in which the I live is, the nearest library is 16 miles away, and I don't have a Kindle, so my only option really is to buy books. I'd heard that they'd written books, but I haven't checked em out.

I knew that David was in pretty bad shape then, but I didn't know how bad!

I'll have to look up Chris Stills then!
    -Kim-

I've always thought that Stephen Stills was a musical genius since I was a kid. As I got older, I came to realize that both David and Graham are in their own ways. Like the Eagles, to me, CSN is better than the sum of the parts.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

OT to AG: you said in the other thread you think Stephen Stills is attractive. Google Chris Stills, his 41-year old son, he's gorgeous - and he speaks French, ooh la la.
    I just Googled him. I definitely see his dad in him. Actually, he might even be better looking than dad . Now, I just need to listen to some of his music and hear his voice to see if I might be
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi, AG95, very cool about TBS singing with CSN, thanks! In case you haven't yet made your way to the thread we have for others' songs that Timothy sings on, it is here - https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=4776

The link in the first post has the list - it is pretty impressive!!!