Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: May 26th Wiltern Theatre LA

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: May 26th Wiltern Theatre LA

FP and GA - Wow, he must have done something a LOT different than he did in previous shows.

Burt - I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the show. I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum from you. While I'm a big fan of his, I never attended a solo concert of his before (most of that had to do with my work situation), but I love the 'After Hours' type of music and I'm greatly impressed with the way he performs them. Knowing that he would be singing six or seven songs from the new CD is what prompted me to go to four of the shows on this tour, and I'll go to more if he gets around to scheduling them.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Thanks for your posts, GA & FP, to tide us over until your full reviews! You are all so privileged to have been at this show!!! Each of you, have safe trips home!

P.S. I can imagine the move that you are describing .

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurtBiggins View Post
    Guess what Gelnn Frey? You can't sing any longer. I was very disappointed in your Wiltern show. I knew from the very first verse of Peaceful Easy Feeling that your done.

Forty five minutes of your "After Hours" lounge music almost put me to sleep! And how dare you even attempt to try to sing a Lena Horne song - geesh!.

Best part of the show was your last three songs.

I would suggest you try to get the band together for a real show.

You know what Burt? There is something to be said for an incisive and intelligent review. Spelling and grammar really do matter. Constructive criticism is always welcomed -- and then there's your "review". Had you made an intelligent, thought-provoking comment about the structure, tone or arrangement of an individual song, I might have entertained your rantings. I think you should lose your pre-conceived ideas of the sterotypical Glenn "sound" and open your ears to the beauty of this music. If you decide it's not your thing, fair enough. But nobody likes a hater. I'm just sayin . . . . .
    Last edited by Henley Honey; 05-28-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurtBiggins View Post
    Guess what Gelnn Frey? You can't sing any longer. I was very disappointed in your Wiltern show. I knew from the very first verse of Peaceful Easy Feeling that your done.

Forty five minutes of your "After Hours" lounge music almost put me to sleep! And how dare you even attempt to try to sing a Lena Horne song - geesh!.

Best part of the show was your last three songs.

I would suggest you try to get the band together for a real show.
    Yeah, he's really washed up, that's why so many fans follow him and the Eagles all over the country, or other countries, seeing their shows.

Do want to ask tho, if you knew After Hours was "lounge music", and you obviously don't care for "lounge music", why would you waste your money? Most intelligent individuals don't spend money on things they don't like, voluntarily. Just saying.....

Thanks for the reviews so far, girls!!! Wonderful!!

Soda, I had to chuckle about the whole almost running over Irving. All I could think to myself was how easy that would be because in your platform shoes, you were probably 2 feet above him which made him hard to see.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm so glad you ladies had such a great time. I hope Lisa is sleeping soundly on her long flight home right now! Can't wait to hear more about it and to see her pictures.

Jess & I watched a couple of Glenn's recent TV performances when I was in Oklahoma and I have to agree that the hand in the pocket thing is very sexy! He looks so classy but casual... like a real crooner. Love his silver suits, too.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Soda, I had to chuckle about the whole almost running over Irving. All I could think to myself was how easy that would be because in your platform shoes, you were probably 2 feet above him which made him hard to see.
    Those black platform dress sandals take me from 5'5'' to 5'9''. Gotta love 'em!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You looked fantastic on Saturday night Soda! The shoes really suited you.

Well I'm home! Made it to work with 20 mins to spare! Hopefully I will be able to get my thoughts together and post a proper review later this evening.

But one thing........ Glenn Frey

Thank you for a wonderful concert!
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 05-29-2012 at 04:46 AM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have no idea how you are coping with work today, after such a long flight! I hope the day whizzes by and that you can relax when you get home and relive the experience.

I have to say, Lisa has given me a sneak peek of her pics, and they are delicious!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Lisa, you get your rest! Don't worry about posting until after you get some sleep. As anxious as we are - it will certainly be worth the wait! Hope you have a good day at work.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ladies, I'm so happy for all of you! I was sure Glenn would make it a night to remember. Can't wait to hear more details when everyone is home and rested up.

Burt, I have to ask, too, if you knew you didn't like 'lounge music', why did you go in the first place?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten