Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "Eagles giving each other compliments" Thread

Default The "Eagles giving each other compliments" Thread

I'm also a member of the biggest Pink Floyd forum, and created something like this. With so much negativity, with "camps" and favorites, let's insert ONLY positive statements made by members of the Eagles in quotes saying nice things about each other.

The media focuses on bad news, but it makes news. You'd be surprised how many times they give "props" to one another.

I just moved, my internet is in and out, so I'll post this and return with what I find.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: The "Eagles giving each other compliments" Thread

I don't know about any other members, but Soda (the founder of this site) has alot of quotes from Glenn on her site for him. Here's the link for quotes about the band.
    http://www.glennfreyonline.com/quotes/band.htm
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I like this idea.

One thing that springs to mind is what Glenn says when introducing Don every night in concert. "The best singer/songwriter I've ever had the privilege to work with, my friend since 1971, Don Henley."
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Great idea MSF! I will need to do some research.

And WELCOME to The Border!

Stuck on the Border

Indeed a great idea. While I was browsing through the Glenn quotes behind that link, I noticed a familiar one. I remember hearing the interview where Glenn talked about Don F not having Joe's name, but being an incredible player. I still remember the tone in Glenn's voice when he said that. There was soooo much respect there.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Welcome, MortSahl - great name, BTW Those Americans "of a certain age" will get the reference.

This isn't a lavish or even a direct compliment, but I do recall Henley saying that he and Frey decided to work on distinguishing themselves in songwriting because Randy and Bernie were really great on their instruments while he and Frey weren't.

Thanks! I went from Michigan to SF to see Mort Sahl, twice. The first time, he signed his book for me, so I signed my book and CD for him. The next week, I was able to meet him after the show, talked for 10 minutes or so. He couldn't believe someone at my age (I was 31 two years ago) would come so far away, and wrote that in the book.

I found one: "The irony is that Leadon and Meisner were considered by many as the key to the band's potential. Without them, Frey admits, the group may never have gotten a record deal."

I found something interested, but the page wasn't loaded properly, as there were graphics in front of the text. As I refreshed, the page turned blank. I'll paste it :

https://www.teamrock.com/features/20...gles-interview

Nobody likes a know-it-all, Don.
    Don Henley: That’s true. But what I learned about lyrics, and rejecting lyrics, I learned from Glenn and (early Eagles collaborators) J.D. Souther and Jackson Browne. So it’s just coming back to haunt them.

Glenn Frey: We got the best country guitarist in Bernie Leadon, an’ the best rock and roll player in the world in Felder, an’ the best high-singin’ bass player, an’ the best singin’ drummer an’ I know I’m the grease an’ we are goin’. I know when we’re on, there’s nobody better. An’ that’s all I know." (Phonograph Record 1975)

If anyone has something, even if you don't have a source, please reply. I'd love to hear it myself since I've heard so much bitterness. I think most members might find things they would have never heard before, too.

I'm putting emphasis on that because from the past experiences in a Pink Floyd forum I've been a member of for over 8 years, there was a lot of bitterness between the FANS! The media always puts the negative stuff out there because it makes money, but if you look hard enough, you can find a lot of nice words, and I think it brings more perspective, and more truth, and helps with the relationships between the fans more more harmony and discussion as opposed to personal attacks.

This is a wonderful thread, MSF! I'll try to do some digging for quotes.