Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh man, this is fabulous! Freypower, thanks so much for remembering my love for BBC. Just thinking about it...... It's much too early in the morning for me to be looking at these!

GEF, yes, Glenn is very intriguing there. Even though he is, ahem, out of his mind, he looks very, very sexy! <gulp>

And dreamer, we've talked about this before. Yep, we must have been twins in another life!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well Brooke, its too late at night for me to be looking at them, but what the hell, they can only entice sweet dreams

And GEF, I'd love to know what potent mixture of hallucinogens was in that cigarette! I'd say it was more than just a Marlboro or something

I suppose the song that really 'Glennstruck' me (to quote Brooke) was Peaceful Easy Feeling. Its hard to put in words, but Glenn and the lads had come out on stage at one of the Dublin gigs. Glenn was in the F1 pink shirt and oozed sex appeal. They had done TIE, but that passed in a blur because I was just staring at him thinking 'where have you been all my life'. Next, as twilight was approaching Timothy did Witchy Woman which in itself was beautiful and haunting, but I still couldn't keep my eyes off Glenn.
    Well PEF was next and I felt like he was singing it straight to me (I know that probably sounds silly but at the time its just how I felt). I was just so in love with him by then (and still am). As I said before, my eyes didn't leave him for the rest of the night. The cold that everyone was complaining about including the man himself had just vanished and at that stage I was high. It just did it for me and any time I hear it I'm back there that night! Its also my 3 year old son's favourite (peacy easy feely) so we get a lot of it in the car.
    After that night I also decided to revisit some of Glenn's solo work particularly from the 80's and I can say that one of the ones that I love best is 'The One You Love'. I love the sax intro on it and when I listen to it I feel he's nearly talking to me on it. (I know what choice I'd be making too!! )
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

That's a great story, GA, but Don sings Witchy Woman.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I know, but for some reason Tim actually sang it that night. (I dont know why) and when he finished Glenn did say 'thanks Tim' . Maybe there was some reason that particular night for the change.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

OMG, Tim sang WW?

Anyway, cool story GA! I love your son's "peacy easy feely"! Cute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Very cool, GA, and Tim singing WW must have been amazing! I love your son's version!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

This is the moment when I realized Glenn was uber-hot:

What passion!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

As far as a certain song striking me, it was kind of a group thing - I was listening to the Very Best of the Eagles and song after song, the ones I liked the best were sung by Glenn. So I was won over!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well Soda - It is certainly understandable how that picture caught your eye.

As for me, there is no one particular song - I love most all of them. However, here is a picture from Oakland where I was captivated by Glenn. I tried make it larger, but it was too fuzzy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Beautiful Glenn

Hello, Everybody!!! I am new to the Message Board and I would just like to say how wonderful I think it is, not to mention how FANTASTIC I think this website is! It is coming towards the end of my lunchtime - excuse me, let me rephrase: Glenn time - here at work (the only place I have access to this website), and I just wanted to add my 5 seconds worth of comment.

I am in love with Glenn!!! There, I've said it! I've been in love with him for just over a month now, despite the fact that I've been listening to Eagles music for about three and a half years already. I just never SAW them until 11 February 2007, when I viewed HFO at a friend's house. When Glenn sang "The Girl From Yesterday", with so much passion and emotion, I fell in love with him, and the next day, I found this website!

I now have pictures of him on my wall in the office and at home. He has been ruling my heart!

It is great to be able to share my enthusiasm for Glenn with other fans. I'm sure he would be very flattered to see all the wonderful things everybody says about him, as would the other members of The Eagles to comments about them.

Well, I have to work now - 'till next time!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down