Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles books

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles books

Cool, NMB! When did you take it?

And thanks for sharing with us crazy people! just talking about myself there!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I took it earlier this year, round about March or so. The man who lives there is the former mayor of Golden Beach. He bought the house in 1978. He claims he still has fans writing to his address or coming to the door looking for their favorite musicians! Luckily, he has a sense of humor about it.

Shoot, I'm crazy too. Not full-on crazy (some may disagree!) but I make occasional pilgrimages to sites associated with my favorite bands.

I finally got to Criteria (now called Hit Factory Criteria) a few weeks back. Man, it's hard to believe anything great took place there. The neighborhood is very poor, very blighted. The studio is behind big iron gates and surrounded by run-down apartment houses and funeral homes. Weird!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Love it! Thanks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I took it earlier this year, round about March or so. The man who lives there is the former mayor of Golden Beach. He bought the house in 1978. He claims he still has fans writing to his address or coming to the door looking for their favorite musicians! Luckily, he has a sense of humor about it.

Shoot, I'm crazy too. Not full-on crazy (some may disagree!) but I make occasional pilgrimages to sites associated with my favorite bands.

I finally got to Criteria (now called Hit Factory Criteria) a few weeks back. Man, it's hard to believe anything great took place there. The neighborhood is very poor, very blighted. The studio is behind big iron gates and surrounded by run-down apartment houses and funeral homes. Weird!
    Wow, Nmb, so cool that you've been there and done that!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That house is very cool and beautiful.

As for the craziness aspect, I'm too young and poor to be able to make excursions to visit many historical music places. I want to go to Muscle Shoals sometime.

Hey, I can say that I've been to Gainsville, Florida about 10 times. That's gotta count for something, right?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I want to go to Muscle Shoals too, real bad! There was an excellent documentary on it in 2013; it's on Netflix. Great, great stuff. Memphis is the other place on my music bucket list.

I'm going to California in a couple weeks and hope to see a few Eagles holy sites: the Troubadour, Lucy's El Adobe, the Lido Apartments. I printed out Soda's itinerary, as shared on these forums several years ago. Thanks, Nancy!

I also used this fella's article as a jumping-off point: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ho...alifornia.html

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That doc is on my "to watch/buy" list. (I don't have Netflix). I wonder if I can buy it from Amazon instant video?

Have fun in California!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm currently listening to an audiobook of Carole King's autobiography, which she narrates herself. It's excellent, with the added bonus that she occasionally sings a capella.

Eagles content: in 1975, she lived in Trancas Canyon near Malibu. Don Henley and JD Souther lived in a house "just up the hill" from Carole. On November 2nd of that year, Henley threw a party for JD's 30th birthday and invited Carole. It was there she met the guy who would become her third husband, Rick. He made sheepskin coats for Henley, JD and Irving Azoff. He also lived in his van and was psychotic, but that's a whole other story.

The first person Carole spotted at the party was Glenn. She greets him by name and he brushes her off - not harshly, but it's clear he doesn't recognize her. A bit strange, considering Tapestry was the Thriller of its day. Maybe he was just hungry; she mentions he was at the buffet loading his plate with food.

She also mentions Randy Meisner as one of three bass players on James Taylor's Sweet Baby James. Randy was apparently chosen by Peter Asher, James' producer and manager at the time.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 10-06-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Maybe he was just hungry; she mentions he was at the buffet loading his plate with food.
    Well, there is the old proverb that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I think there may be some truth to this. Nothing distracts a hungry young man.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ooh! Just read that Carole is going to get the Kennedy Center honors this year at the same ceremony as the Eagles I'm sure Glenn won't give her the brush off this time, even if she calls to him while he's in the buffet line.