Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

This was posted in Glenn's remembrance thread, but since it's a tribute to the band, I thought I would start a thread in this forum.

So - they did it. After so many of us were outraged that Glenn did not get a cover story at the time of his passing, Rolling Stone magazine has published a special tribute edition to the band. It should be available now.

I won't be able to pick one up until Monday, but if anyone gets it before then, please let us know what you think about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

It took them long enough, but I'm glad they finally did it.

Fastlane posted the cover. It's the same photo that was used for the cover in 1979. In case anyone is curious....

I won't be able to buy myself a copy until May, but a friend agreed to buy it for me if he sees it before then.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm really excited about this! Gonna look at Walmart tomorrow. If they don't have it yet, I'll keep checking, or just go to a Barnes and Noble once I get home for the summer.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's great they finally did it. I'm going shopping later today but I'm not sure if they'll have it yet, but I will get this.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I wouldn't be certain of this, but I have supposed that Glenn Frey would have been a friend of Jann Wenner, who founded Rolling Stone magazine.

Actually they seemed to have a bit of an antagonistic relationship with RS but I'm very glad to see this. I plan on picking up a copy tomorrow.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I wish that the cover concept somehow acknowledged that Glenn died. I don't get it. Is it a coincidence that this issue is published three months after his death? Why not "Glenn Frey 1948-2016" somewhere on there?

Good point. They do these kind of special issues called "ultimate guides" for bands regularly. It may have been commissioned before his death. Since the cover doesn't even acknowledge his death but instead advertises Don Henley talking about the albums as its main feature, it's certainly not presenting itself as a tribute.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

As most of the material comes from their archives, it could have been planned, in outline, for some time and have just been waiting for someone from the band to provide something new to complete it. Is the article on Joe new?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I didn't find it today but I did see some more postings on FaceBook about it and it does include Cameron Crowe's tribute he did for Glenn as well as I think other articles they had about Glenn after he passed. The screencaps I saw on FB too seem to indicated it will have a lot of pictures as well. Don talking about the albums is new as he talks about how "Long Road Out of Eden" is the band's final album now. Hopefully I'll find it in the next couple days or this weekend. It'll be perfect for my space I've created to put all my Eagles stuff now as I needed a picture of them like I have a framed Beatles one.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."