Thread: Eagles complimenting each other's solo work

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Eagles complimenting each other's solo work

I posed this question in the Don Henley Appreciation Group on Facebook, but I don't think some got the gist of it, so I will ask here. I've always been interested in what the guys' opinions were of each other's solo albums. Like what did Glenn think of Cass County ? I've never heard any of them publicly praise solo efforts.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Eagles complimenting each other's solo work

From an interview with Glenn in 1985 with Melody Maker magazine.

'The Boys Of Summer’
    A brilliant record. I’m really happy for Henley. In fact, I think that whole album he made is a terrific record. I know he worked for a year and a half on it and sweated blood and he deserves all the success he gets. Congratulations, Don!

I got it from this thread:
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=262
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Joe praised After Hours but I cannot give a source.

Glenn never made any statement about Cass County. After the tour finished, he never made any statements about anything, again.

However in 1985 when he presented the best director award at the MTV Video Awards for the BOS video he said 'boy, am I happy'. I have screenshots of him congratulating Jean-Baptiste Mondino who was the bemused director.

I have no idea whether Don Henley ever praised the other Eagles' work.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-04-2016 at 12:23 AM.

Stuck on the Border

There's a radio interview with Don Henley from the 80s where he praises one of Timothy's solo records, although he seems surprised (along the lines of "Tim is not a lead singer but he did well with that album"). Here's the link if you want to listen, but be warned that the interviewer is a prick and encourages Don to be one, too.

Banned

Thanks for the link UTW, I enjoyed listening to it. The subtitles were an constant source of amusement too.

Don isn't very complimentary about his band mates' early eighties, solo work but I think that was how the music industry was, before the Live Aid concert in 1985. It's much cooler to be complimentary nowadays.

Interesting to hear Don facing questions about drum machines. They were a huge issue before Phil Collins' brought out In The Air Tonight. This interview is from a year or two after.

Good to hear Lilah getting a heads up from Don.