Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

I remember photos/video of a very young Otis playing percussion at his Dad's show and at the benefit with Deacon--way in the back. I don't know if he pursued it later on, or if Taylor has any interest.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I was disappointed that Waddy wasn't there. Joe's gone through a few guitarists over the last few tours. Tom Bukovac played loads of guitar on Joe vitale's Speaking In Drums album. Thanks for pointing him out WalshFan88, I never would have recognised him.

Did I see a brief shot of Kenny Passarelli playing guitar?
    Tom is the A-list, A-list guitarist in Nashville. He also owns a second hand guitar store called 2nd Gear Music in Nashville. If you go to allmusic.com and type in his name, you'll see he's played on damn near every big country record in the modern era starting back in the early 2000s. Awesome guy. He turned me onto a particular guitar pedal for overdrive that I thank him dearly for. It's awesome.

Recently he's been playing guitar for Vince Gill. I assumed that's how Joe learned about him because Vince and Joe are close. But maybe it was Vitale.

I was excited to see Tom with Joe, maybe I'll be able to visit with him at the Petty show in May I'm going to. He does less sessions now than before, because there is new young blood there and he isn't as dependent on them.

I think Taylor wants to be an actress. Otis might later down the road. I do think its cool Deacon is following in his father's footsteps. Glenn is probably smiling down on him. Even if Deacon is probably being prepped for the festival with joining Joe's band(or it could be his own decision to ask Joe to be in his band. I don't know the real reason), Glenn is probably happy and I loved that Joe has Deacon in his band. He's not a bad guitar player and Deacon's got a great mentor to help him. A guy he knew all his life.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Deacon sings Get Over It doesn't he? It was a bit of biting satire when it came out in the mid nineties. I don't think it'd be viewed so positively now.
    We know how you feel about Deacon Frey's late father, but for you to now leap on his son with comments like this is below the belt. In your first comment instead of mentioning him you whined about the absence of Wachtel. You will no doubt say that you were criticising the song, not Deacon, but it is irrelevant to what is being discussed (see below).

As I said in the Eagles 3.0 thread, however, Deacon's presumed presence with the Remnants does not affect my opinion of it at all, except that I wish him luck & perhaps feel that he could possibly be exempted from sneering criticism when he is still so young.

Oh and by the way, in my view Get Over It is even more relevant in these days of 'snowflakes' and 'butthurt'. I hear the phrase used every single day, and I see it implied on this board every day. I would however rate the chances of the song being played as zero.

Thanks for sharing the video! Makes me so happy to see Deacon out there with Joe & his band. He looks so much like Glenn, too, with the long hair and Ol' Black. You know Glenn would be proud!

Also, where can I sign up to be one of the background vocalists with the tambourines? They look like they're having a great time!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

Oh and by the way, in my view Get Over It is even more relevant in these days of 'snowflakes' and 'butthurt'. I hear the phrase used every single day, and I see it implied on this board every day. I would however rate the chances of the song being played as zero.
    I really don't get why he would sing GOI anyway. Don has always sung it as far as I know. If he sings, I would think he would sing one of Glenn's songs.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I really don't get why he would sing GOI anyway. Don has always sung it as far as I know. If he sings, I would think he would sing one of Glenn's songs.
    Deacon did sing GOI when he played the House of Blues show in LA with Glenn. That's what that reference was.

Stuck on the Border

Has anyone heard Deacon sing since he did that benefit when he was about 15 ? If so, does he sound like Glenn ?

Stuck on the Border

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW9POKNeY18

I don't know how to embed it. My answer is no, not really. This was seven years ago. NB: GOI may not have been at this show but I do know that Deacon has sung it.

Stuck on the Border

FP - TY for the link to the video. I have not seen it in a very long time. I was just wondering if Deacon's voice has changed since he was so young then. Glenn was such a proud Daddy in that video. So sad to think that he died so young and his kids were so young.