Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's heritage?

Default Re: Glenn's heritage?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post

SIDE QUESTION : Soda I had read somewhere Glenn spoke French. Is this true ? Just wondering. Do you know if he ever met or had a relationship with his biolog. father ? He would have only been 1 or 2 when his they separated/ divorced.
    I've wondered this myself. I read somewhere that Mr. Cedar abandoned the family. Did he ever contact Glenn? Did Glenn ever try to find him? Things we'll probably never know.

And Glenn spoke french? As I used to be semi - fluent in French (I'm a bit rusty these days, lol), I find that immensely cool.

I'd love to see a picture of 3 year old Glenn on his parent's honeymoon...I bet he was adorable!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I don't know if extended family are invited to attend the Kennedy Center Honors but I would imagine so because it is quite an exceptional honor. I wonder if Glenn's dad was able to go? Anyone know?
    I think if he had gone we would have seen him in one of the photos. I would hardly call his father 'extended' even though he's not the biological father. Same with the brothers. There were no photos of them to my knowledge.

And NKIT I have absolutely no clue whether Glenn ever knew his biological father, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I think if he had gone we would have seen him in one of the photos. I would hardly call his father 'extended' even though he's not the biological father. Same with the brothers. There were no photos of them to my knowledge.

And NKIT I have absolutely no clue whether Glenn ever knew his biological father, but I doubt it.
    Yes, I agree I guess I was thinking more in terms of spouse and children. I never really looked to see if there were other pics but I remember seeing one that I believe may have included more family members. I could be mistaken.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Yes, I agree I guess I was thinking more in terms of spouse and children. I never really looked to see if there were other pics but I remember seeing one that I believe may have included more family members. I could be mistaken.
    Dawn - I saw one picture in the KCH thread of Cindy and the kids with Tommy Nixon and his other "Eagles" family. I did not see any pictures of his brothers. If they went, maybe they did not want to be photographed.

There was one photo a neighbor posted of Glenn in what appeared to be a backyard. He was with some kids(holding one of them) and a man. I thought he kind of looked like the man. I forget what the thread was titled but it was posted about two years ago. The neighbor was a friend of his youngest brother Matt.

Dawn - I saw one picture in the KCH thread of Cindy and the kids with Tommy Nixon and his other "Eagles" family. I did not see any pictures of his brothers. If they went, maybe they did not want to be photographed.
    Ok that may be the one I am thinking of I will have to take a look and see if that's the one I remember seeing. Thanks NKIT!

Is this it?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks for posting Pippin. This is all interesting especially that he might've spoken French.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Ok that may be the one I am thinking of I will have to take a look and see if that's the one I remember seeing. Thanks NKIT!

Is this it?

Yes that's the picture. The 6'2'' Deacon towers over everyone in the picture.
    Also, the thread I am talking about where a friend of his brother Matt put up a picture is titled "The Third Brother" under the Glenn Frey Thread. I think it's on page 4. It has the picture I am talking about.

Yes that's the picture. The 6'2'' Deacon towers over everyone in the picture.
    Also, the thread I am talking about where a friend of his brother Matt put up a picture is titled "The Third Brother" under the Glenn Frey Thread. I think it's on page 4. It has the picture I am talking about.
    Thanks! I am definitly not up tp speed on the Eagles band family and don't really know who is who in the pic. I am getting OT so I will move to the other thread.

Stuck on the Border

Two of the older men are Tommy Nixon & Jerry Vaccarino but I have forgotten who the other man is.

It wouldn't surprise me if Glenn spoke a little French. And if he took a foreign language in high school, I wouldn't take French off the list. You know, guys who speak French attract the ladies... LOL.