Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Joe Walsh Music Video Survivor Game

Default Re: Joe Walsh Music Video Survivor Game

This game didn't go like I wanted it to at all! The last time we played, One a Day At a Time didn't even have a video, and I just thought that since it was a fresh, new look at current Joe that more people would want to see it win, like I did. Boy, was I wrong! And I thought I'd never get rid of Space Age Whiz Kids! Ugh! Lol!

The Confessor video doesn't do much for me. Nobody even mentioned what they thought it was about, or the woman's weird glowing eyes!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

I had the same feeling of disappointment about ODAAT which repeated what happened to the Route 66 & TSOYS videos in their game. Here was something fresh & different & people didn't want to know.

I have always liked The Confessor because it doesn't show Joe being drunk and/or stupid. I like the eerie & other worldly atmosphere which includes the glowing eyes, I suppose. The unforgiving desert heat emphasises that you can't hide from yourself. Then you have the depth versus the surface of the water. He looks good in the fountain sequence! Then he loses his inhibitions or whatever playing guitar. It just works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    The Confessor video doesn't do much for me. Nobody even mentioned what they thought it was about, or the woman's weird glowing eyes!
    An interesting question. What is that about, exactly? I'm going to muse a bit, and come up with something! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all - I'm a little late, but ...

Congrats to The Confessor!

It was, obviously, not my choice to win, but, the tribe has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    This game didn't go like I wanted it to at all! The last time we played, One a Day At a Time didn't even have a video, and I just thought that since it was a fresh, new look at current Joe that more people would want to see it win, like I did. Boy, was I wrong! And I thought I'd never get rid of Space Age Whiz Kids! Ugh! Lol!

And PM - I mostly agree with your post, with the exception of Space Age Whiz Kids. And even though ODAAT wasn't my pick to win, I had it rated a lot higher than most of the players. What I thought was particularly interesting about this game is how different the results were from the first time we played it. In most cases, when we repeat the Survivor games, the order of elimination may vary some between the two games, but, usually, not significantly. However, this game went VERY different from the first time. Don't know why, but I find it interesting, nonetheless. In any event, I thought it was fun and there was some interesting discussion. I, too, would look forward to someone's explanation of The Confessor video.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer, you made me curious to see the results of the previous Joe's Video Survivor Game, so I just spent the last half hour reading through it. It was fun to see the differences between this game and that one way back in 2009.

If anyone else would like to look, here's the link.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=2120
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Wow - that really is different! "The Confessor" didn't even make the final two! Plus, my opinion of "Life of Illusion" has obviously reverted since then, lol. Interesting.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten