Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Def Leppard

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Def Leppard 2009

I like Taylor Swift, she seems to have a good brain in her head. She doesn't do drugs,drink, or isn't pregnant. She still lives at home with Dad,Mom and brother and doesn't have a bad thing to say about them. I like her recorded music and videos better than I like listening to her in person though. She did sound great during the George Strait special.

If I hear that song Love Story one more time I'm going to put a bullet in my head! (AOGG, can you find the appropriate smiley for that?)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

My dvr cut off right before the DL/Taylor Swift performance so thanks for posting that vid. I thought the opening sequence she did with Bill Engvall and the rap video with T-Pain was hilarious. I'm not that big of a fan of Taylor's but I do like some of her songs. From what i've seen on past award shows, she doesn't sound nearly as good live as she does on her recorded songs. Not everybody can be as perfect as the Eagles (sorry, I couldn't resist with that one but our guys do sound damn good live in concert).
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Going to take a vacation and see them in West Palm Beach and Tampa in Aug. I've seen DL and Poison but not Cheap Trick.

I enjoyed Crossroads more than last nights performance. I try to understand the enthusiasm she had after winning the most popular award and being onstage with people she looks up to. She is a little over the top when it comes to perfoming with the rock sound behind her. As far as fan of TS,,not music but personally she seems to be alright.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I'm a bit late on this LOL. I downloaded the Crossroads show a few weeks ago. I didn't much care about Def Leppard in the past, but I figured out that was a big mistake. I can't say I'm impressed by Taylor's performance. But Def Leppard is fantastic. I did not know many songs or cannot remember the older ones. I bought their album X last week and I'm thrilled. Then I bought Hysteria and Songs From The Sparkle Lounge, just great.
    I remember they were touring a few years ago in Germany but I did not know how good they are

I saw Def Leppard at the Houston Rodeo several years ago - geez, probably ten years ago now or so! - and liked them, too. I remembered them from my "big 80s" days though. Glad you have a new band to love!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You lucky girl I always liked the melodic rock bands or AOR bands like Toto, Foreigner etc. A while ago I came across this website and found reviews from so many bands who sound like from the 80s. I found W.E.T., Unruly Child, Jeff Scott Soto, Art Of Work, Place Vendome and some more. Interestingly many of the bands in these reviews come from Sweden.

http://www.melodicrock.com/reviews/reviews.html

Love it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlu3otYB7to[/ame]

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We saw Def Leppard a couple years ago and they were great and I'm now a big fan.

Kinda funny cause back in the 80's when they were really big I didn't want our daughter to listen to their music because I thought they were bad boys! When we told her we were going to see them she couldn't believe it! How times change!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke What made you think they were bad boys? Anything specific?

It's also funny that I start to enjoy some bands only now, after 30 years
    This makes it a lot more difficult for me to see them live.

What a band!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyoxIEkOua0[/ame]

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I can see the whole 'bad boy' thing with them in the 80's. It was no secret they were drinking, drugging, sexing and rock n rolling. It was common knowledge that they were taking girls under/backstage and doing naughty things (it was in all the rock mags). I remember reading and seeing the interviews on MTV. Just what did you think they were pouring the sugar on him for? They were bad and as a girl in my late teens/early 20's--I couldn't wait to see them live.
    He sings it high, he plays it low