Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few song questions

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: A few song questions

The closing credits have
    - Silent Spring
    - Wasted Time (reprise)
    - No More Cloudy Days (instrumental)

Wasted Time starts about a minute in so it's probably the track you're asking about.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Not got time to check (exams ), but I think that's a Glenn solo song, Silent Spring. It's played in concert at the start of the second half before Tequila Sunrise.
    Indeed that's the song! Thanks for your help!!!

Out on the Border

Does anyone of you know what the type is of the electric piano Glenn play's on You Belong To The City at the Farewell 1 Tour Melbourne DVD?

Border Troubadour

This one I'm not too confident on but I think it's a clavinet.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I was listening to the original studio version of The Last Resort earlier today and was wondering how the seagull sound during the quiet bridge section prior to the 'sail to Lahaina' verse was achieved? The Last Resort is one of my absolute favourite songs so I'd love to know this.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    I was listening to the original studio version of The Last Resort earlier today and was wondering how the seagull sound during the quiet bridge section prior to the 'sail to Lahaina' verse was achieved? The Last Resort is one of my absolute favourite songs so I'd love to know this.
    Never noticed that. Sounds like "glissando harmonics" on a cello to me. You can see a similar thing here on a violin, starting at around 1:57 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZkIAVGlfWk

That's just what it sounds like to me. I don't have a clue what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodesFender View Post
    Does anyone of you know what the type is of the electric piano Glenn play's on You Belong To The City at the Farewell 1 Tour Melbourne DVD?
    I think it's a Fender Rhodes Piano, like the one he uses on ICTYW. It's not a clarinet. Though he did play a clarinet on the studio version of LITFL, and I'm pretty sure it's him playing one on the Eagles Live album.

Banned

I'd love to see Glen playing a clarinet (woodwind), Shadowland07

I think you meant the funky, Stevie Wonder, Superstition, keyboard, the Clavinet.

I don't know what keyboard, Glenn played when he sang, You Belong To The City. Fender Rhodes is a good shout. I just know it wasn't a cool look. Some songs just need to be performed with an axe strapped across your loins.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I imagine it was Felder who wrote the guitar parts of Too Many Hands as he has a writer's credit.
    Yes, in a 1988 interview Randy said he wrote the lyrics and Don Felder wrote the music. Circa 24:30:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzt_BDRnCLE

Since we're talking gear, does anyone know what the box thingie on Randy's mike stand was?

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'd love to see Glen playing a clarinet (woodwind), Shadowland07

I think you meant the funky, Stevie Wonder, Superstition, keyboard, the Clavinet.

I don't know what keyboard, Glenn played when he sang, You Belong To The City. Fender Rhodes is a good shout. I just know it wasn't a cool look. Some songs just need to be performed with an axe strapped across your loins.
    hahaha I just noticed that. That's what happens when you try typing in between games of beer pong.