Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Barry Gibb

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Barry Gibb

Congrats to Barry ! He certainly deserves the honor. I agree Dreamer, pretty cool to be knighted with Ringo.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Congrats to Barry who is now Sir Barry. He was knighted this past Tuesday. I couldn't find any pictures, videos or articles of Barry being there.
    Highly unusual, if the ceremony was indeed the same day as Ringo's for there to be no pictures.

I found it strange too that their weren’t any pictures of Barry. I’m going to do some more digging. I know their were two other people. Some articles said Barry was knighted.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

I would just say that although their knighthoods were both in the New Year's List, that doesn't mean the ceremonies for both of them would have been held on the same day. When celebrities receive knighthoods they tend to be in separate ceremonies.

Ok. I read other articles. So Barry is not knighted just yet. His is probably coming soon. That explains why I didn’t see any pictures of him.

Sorry about that.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Ok. Now Barry is Sir Barry. He was knighted today by Prince Charles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44612790

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upWIC7xSfFU[/ame]
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-27-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks Shun!

One of the greatest bands of all time to be sure and it"s good to see Barry doing and looking so well.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Tim Rice called him “a songwriter of staggering gifts.” Dang right.

It's just amazing looking back at the Gibb brothers career, from their early beginnings as very young school age boys and first recordings to their phenomenal success in later years. To be sure, first and foremost the popularity of their music is a testimony to their individual and collective talents. Hats off to Sir Barry who is certainly worthy of the highest accolades.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016