Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

I'm excited for this tomorrow!

I don't think we already have a thread - do we?

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

I'm excited for this too, MaryC!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I was about to come on here and start a thread when I got to work. LOL

I'm excited. From what I heard, the station will continue until New Year's. So a month and a half. I think I will listen to that instead of Pandora or IHeart Radio. Early this week, channel 716 had a preview of the songs being played on the show(you couldn't hear it). It was a mixed of Eagles songs, solo songs, their influence, and people associated with them. You will also hear songs you would never hear on the radio or even on Pandora and IHeart.

For those who want to listen to the station, try this link. I don't think you have to do a trial run. You have an option of signing in or listen live. Channel 716 and 30 you can listen to without logging in. I just tried it. You probably can't listen to certain stations. I think the logging in on this link, you don't have to use your credit card. I'm using one of my old accounts that should not be working.

https://player.siriusxm.com/#/welcome

The start time is 12:00pm Eastern/11:00am Central.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-17-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Does anyone know if it'll be part of the free preview? The one going on for Thanksgiving is already going on till the 27th but we don't get all the channels. I won't be able to check till later as the only way to listen would be in the cars.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I think this is going with the free preview. I don't know, but as long as they have those two channels, I'm ok with not having all the other stations. I'm only listening to the Eagles channel.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Here's what to expect on the channel.

http://blog.siriusxm.com/hotel-calif...-limited-time/

* The Eagles are celebrating the 40th anniversary of their landmark album Hotel California with their very own channel. Hotel California, SiriusXM’s Eagles channel, will feature music from the band’s extensive career, including hits and rarities, as well as their solo records, influences and more. The limited-engagement channel will launch Nov. 17 at 12 pm ET/9 pm PT on channel 30.

* The channel will also include exclusive radio shows hosted by Don Henley and Joe Walsh as well as live concert recordings, including the Eagles recent exclusive performance for SiriusXM at the storied Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville.

* Journalist and SiriusXM host David Fricke will also host a daily feature, the “Eagles Family Tree,” which will spotlight artists closely connected to the Eagles like Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, and J.D. Souther.

* Hotel California will be reissued in a deluxe 40th-anniversary edition on Nov. 24, pairing the remastered original studio album with 10 live tracks recorded at the Forum in Inglewood, CA, around the time the work was released. Pre-order it here.

* SiriusXM’s Hotel California channel will feature these previously unreleased live tracks from the Eagles’ 1976 concert at the Forum throughout the limited edition channel.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I was about to come on here and start a thread when I got to work. LOL

I'm excited. From what I heard, the station will continue until New Year's. So a month and a half. I think I will listen to that instead of Pandora or IHeart Radio. Early this week, channel 716 had a preview of the songs being played on the show(you couldn't hear it). It was a mixed of Eagles songs, solo songs, their influence, and people associated with them. You will also hear songs you would never hear on the radio or even on Pandora and IHeart.

For those who want to listen to the station, try this link. I don't think you have to do a trial run. You have an option of signing in or listen live. Channel 716 and 30 you can listen to without logging in. I just tried it. You probably can't listen to certain stations. I think the logging in on this link, you don't have to use your credit card. I'm using one of my old accounts that should not be working.

https://player.siriusxm.com/#/welcome

The start time is 12:00pm Eastern/11:00am Central.
    Shun, thank you sooo much for the link! This is great...Vince is singing ICTYW right now.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I missed an hour of it because I wasn't at my desk. They just finished playing The Heat Is ON and now they are playing Guilty of the Crime.

Also. I think the Eagles channel is going to be on 716 instead of 30.

Oh they had Bernie talking about James Dean. Hmm This is going to be an interesting channel.

I'm really looking forward to radio shows from Don and Joe if I'm hearing this right. I always enjoy hearing Don's take on songs.