Page 116 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

No, Soda pretty much expressed how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    No.

Heartstrings were tugged, but I knew they would be. I completely understand why watching videos of Deacon doing his father's music (and doing a good job of it) was enough to win lots of people here over completely. Emotion is a powerful thing.

But my objection to the band using the name "Eagles" never had anything to do with whether or not Deacon was a part of this band.

It never had anything to do with whether or not they'd say "This is for you Glenn", or "I'm sure Glenn is here with us", etc., or whether or not they'd dedicate a song to him, or how many Glenn songs they'd have Deacon and Vince Gill sing, or how many times they'd bring him up.

I fully expected them to do all of that. I was only surprised that they asked Deacon to do more songs than Tim, and at the way he looked.

My objection had to do with one thing and one thing only: Glenn is fundamental to the Eagles not only in heart but in sound. If he's not there, the band cannot legitimately call themselves the Eagles any longer.

To me, when I watch a video from the Classic showing Vince Gill singing "New Kid in Town", I feel like I'm watching a cover version that happens to have the former Eagles playing on it.

If you guys watched that and saw the Eagles, more power to you.

And when I watch a video of Deacon doing "Peaceful Easy Feeling", I don't see the Eagles, either. I see a young man paying tribute to his father with his father's former bandmates, and it's not the same thing.

If you guys watched that and saw the Eagles, with the tribute aspect only secondary, more power to you.

Glenn co-founded the Eagles; he's an essential part of their sound. Deacon doesn't sound like Glenn - nor should he be expected to mimic Glenn - and Vince Gill sure as hell doesn't sound like Glenn or bring what he brought to the table. I know, Vince Gill brings other things to the table because it's different now, the new Eagles. See, that's the problem.

You say, "It's the new lineup of the Eagles without Glenn." I say, "It's not the Eagles without Glenn." And there's how we differ.

Again, though, that's just me, and the only reason I'm even saying anything at all at this point is because I was asked.

It's over.
    Agreed Soda, that's basically my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Have you watched any of it?
    Yes, I watched a couple - Deacon is a talent in his own right and it was great to see him holding his own both vocally and on guitar. Clearly he has a bright future ahead of him.

New interview with Don in which he says he may only tour for a year or two more. Let's hope it's longer than that.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...ticking-louder

Stuck on the Border

Thank you to everyone for expressing your opinions, even when they don't exactly match with mine. It's important to me that my own ideas are tested and allowed to evolve and I'm not going to get that if everyone who disagrees with me holds back.

Stuck on the Border

Yeah, I think I still feel pretty much the same too. I was expecting a fine show, but I wasn't expecting the Eagles, and that's what we got. I still have nothing against them performing, but I think after seeing those video clips I'm slightly more against them calling themselves the Eagles. That Lyin' Eyes, for example, wasn't the Eagles. It was a fine - nothing special - country rendition from Vince Gill with Don, Joe and Timothy as his backing group.

Having said that, I guess I'm fine with the Eagles billing as a one-off thing, but if they're going to tour like that, I find it...a waste of time for me.

Border Desperado

I just saw Classic Northwest is scheduled for Sept 30...Eagles and Doobie Brothers!!!! Safeco Field in Seattle.

I knew it wasn't just two shows...yup, only confirms what I've said all along. Sad.

Stuck on the Border

WF - I think we all suspected that. Just like when he said last week that the W/E "might" be their last. I laughed when I heard that one on one of the videos. I knew that would never be - too much money to be made. When it came up on my FB page this morning most of the comments were positive, wondering if/when they would do a "real" tour and come to a city near them.
    I bet this only the beginning of the "new" Eagles.

Border Desperado

I'm not ashamed to say that I am pulling for a full fledged US tour. I hope they come to Knoxville. I want to see this new lineup.
    I saw the HFO version, the HOTE version, and would honestly be excited to see the "Classic" version or Version 3.0 or whatever you call them.

If they don't, maybe we'd at least see a Classic SE in Atlanta. Brand new dome down there!!!