Page 42 of 201 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Thanks Pippin for the pic!!! I love that performance too and Glenn playing piano.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I looooove watching Glenn on keyboards. He has this beautiful, light touch that's magical. And of course, he sang "Desperado" as beautifully as Don. Different, but wonderful.

The song I wish I could have heard him sing lead on is "You Never Cry Like a Lover." Gawd. My toes would be curling. LOLOLOL.

From the lovely people at Jing/Screencast, this. I know it's been posted before, but this particular shot reallly gets you a good look at those gawrgeous eyes.

Love it, PW! I have often wondered about the rest of this interview of which only snippets were shown on HOTE. Does anyone know if more can be seen elsewhere?
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

FF - who knows..... I bet there is a lot of footage left of those interviews. They were obviously edited down for HOTE. Someone here posted that Don said at his birthday meet and greet that they "may" release the whole capital center concert. We know they filmed the concerts over two days. In fact, I would venture a guess that they have a lot of footage that was "discovered"/released for HOTE. And of course, this is after they said they did not have anything in terms of footage/unreleased songs from the 70's.

Pippin - Thanks for that photo of Glenn. He looks so hot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @New Kid: LOL on someone finally admitting to being at a 3rd Encore party. Heheh. If I'd ever been, I'd probably admit it, though. If they were like other after show parties I've heard about from reliable sources, it was mostly a bunch of people milling around, going from hotel room to hotel room, drinking a lot of beer and smoking pot. There were always people who came just because someone invited them. They'd have a beer and leave in a couple of hours, not much worse for wear. The stories are almost always better than the actual event. LOLOLOL. Although some are true.
    Given how large the 3E parties were I always wondered whether they rented a suite and whether they required participants to sign confidentialty agreements and provide proof of age? IIRC in the HOTE documentary they interviewed one girl who didn't sound all that thrilled /impressed with the opportunity to party with the Eagles lol

@Dawn. LOLOLOL. Yeah, she turned up her nose and said one of "them" smelled like beer, so she wasn't interested. It was pretty funny.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - I laughed when I saw that scene !

Dawn - Don F.'s book said they would rent a suite where they held the parties. They had catered food, beer in the bath tub and, I'm sure various drugs for those who wished to indulge. I don't know what they did before they got famous and had the money to do that. That scene was at a frat type house after the concert at the college. I would not be surprised if they carded the kids. But, then you always have fake DL's and ID's.

I don't know if any of you ever listen to "Something Good" on Saturday afternoons on Sirius 60s on 6, but it's a lot of fun. Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits hosts it and he tells a lot of funny stories about life on the road during the 60s, and also discusses parties and that kind of thing. He said the guys in Zeppelin used to have the roadies card all the girls before they got back to the parties. They'd also write the names down of "promising" candidates and make a note of whether they were legal or not, to avoid complications. Lordy.

And as for the "smells like beer" comment, yeah, that made me LOL, too. However, if we were discussing Sugar, a couple of peppermint LifeSavers covers a multitude of sins...

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - lol ! I'm not sure who that girl was talking about either. But, Bernie was still in the band and they had that scene with Dan F. making out with a girl.

Interesting that no one has ever come forward to give an interview about those parties. Even if they signed a conf. agreement I can't imagine it holding up 40 -45 years later. But, I'm not an attorney. Like some of us have said before, oh to have been a fly on the wall there.