Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    I'm afraid your idea of a joke was lost in translation - for a start the word should spell 'descent' and being Irish I do have a broad minded open tolerant view which I hope is what you meant by 'flavour'....

....and please refrain from presuming that you know Don Henley's mind and that he was the one who prevented the others being honoured. You and we have no idea what went on behind the scenes and I'm tired of people blaming him and of the whole KCH thing - I'm even sorry I started this thread!!!!

Save
    Reading my other reply, maybe now you better understand where I was coming from. However it matters not since my comment/humour was directed elsewhere.
    [sarcasm]Thanks for your spelling lesson, as if my vocabulary/spelling is significantly lacking.
    Presumably a missed letter here or there can oc{c}ur without notice with any word. [/sarcasm]

As to presuming what goes on in Henley's or anyone of the members minds, sure I cannot say for certain.
    However if you click the link in my signature, you will see that I have a thread showing significant research into the group from numerous sources. My views therefore evolved over time, and started without a negative bias. Yet my opinion of various members of the group (good & bad) are richly deserved.
    But you decide for yourself by reading it, and let me know your view.

Slainte
    `

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Reading my other reply, maybe now you better understand where I was coming from. However it matters not since my comment/humour was directed elsewhere.
    [sarcasm]Thanks for your spelling lesson, as if my vocabulary/spelling is significantly lacking.
    Presumably a missed letter here or there can oc{c}ur without notice with any word. [/sarcasm]

As to presuming what goes on in Henley's or anyone of the members minds, sure I cannot say for certain.
    However if you click the link in my signature, you will see that I have a thread showing significant research into the group from numerous sources. My views therefore evolved over time, and started without a negative bias. Yet my opinion of various members of the group (good & bad) are richly deserved.
    But you decide for yourself by reading it, and let me know your view.

Slainte
    You're right - it was a petty response on my part as I reacted to what I perceived as a condescending statement. I know that anyone can make a spelling mistake and for that I apologise.

I do not want to continue the debate on the individual members of the band given that you have already formed an opinion as have I and dissemination would be a futile exercise.

Save
    Save
    Save
    Last edited by DivineDon; 01-06-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh that surprises me about Joe & Tim never being full partners. I thought on Disc 2 of HOTE, Tim explained that he was brought in as a full-on member and that "they didn't have to do that."

Sometimes I misremember things though - that's the kindest way to put it - so I will have to watch Disc 2 again. And the concert disc too, just to be very thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    You're right - it was a petty response on my part as I reacted to what I perceived as a condescending statement. I know that anyone can make a spelling mistake and for that I apologise.

I do want want to continue the debate on the individual members of the band given that you have already formed an opinion as have I and dissemination would be a futile exercise.
    No worries.
    There was no need to apologize, but the thought was nice.

As to my mind being made up, I still think it is evolving, as you can probably see if your were reading my thread on the subject.

Yet in some ways my view is solidifying when events like this occur and I see the animosity still exists.
    Had the other members been invited to this event (thus Henley being magnanimous), that could have gone a long way to making me think he is coming around so to speak.
    This was a perfect event to extend the olive branch, especially considering Frey passing, and his own mortality more evident. I'll bet deep down inside, many Henley fans wish that would be the case.

Slainte
    `

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Oh that surprises me about Joe & Tim never being full partners. I thought on Disc 2 of HOTE, Tim explained that he was brought in as a full-on member and that "they didn't have to do that."

Sometimes I misremember things though - that's the kindest way to put it - so I will have to watch Disc 2 again. And the concert disc too, just to be very thorough.
    I believe Tim was brought in as a full member of the group, he just wasn't a shareholder. He has also said that he was listened to. Clearly, he wasn't a sideman and wasn't treated as such.

Stuck on the Border

The KC Honors are over and the Eagles as a living band are done. We will probably never learn the reasons why certain decisions were taken and it doesn't really matter. It's over.

My believe, which isn't backed up by anything, is that Henley would not have overuled any decisions that were taken before Glenn died.

Question Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I believe Tim was brought in as a full member of the group, he just wasn't a shareholder. He has also said that he was listened to. Clearly, he wasn't a sideman and wasn't treated as such.
    Well I guess it is just a matter of perspective. Sure any talented guy like Schmit or Walsh will be listened to, and that is likely true of Smith as well. However when push comes to shove, Schmit/Walsh could be overruled, while Frey/Henley could not.

Understanding the gentle nature of Tim and his humility, I don't think he would want to rock the boat. Still if left up to him, I'd bet he and Joe would have voted to let Bernie, Randy & Don participate. Needless to say, it was not up to them, only Henley.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

My believe, which isn't backed up by anything, is that Henley would not have overuled any decisions that were taken before Glenn died.
    I think you might be right on that, so lets assume that is the case. It is not as if Henley was like Schmit or Walsh, not holding grudges. You can tell he is still bitter toward Meisner & Felder to this day. Somehow he got beyond his issues with Leadon, which is at least something positive.

Thus your speculation (which might be right) is somewhat undermined, because Frey was over any issues with Leadon, so why not at least invite him?
    `

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

We've discussed this before, and I think most Borderers would agree (what a dangerous statement!) that Henley & Frey didn't want to include Felder. Inviting Meisner and Leadon, while ignoring Felder, would probably not have been possible. When it comes to former members, it's take them all or leave them all. Can't pick and choose.

With regard to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, I got the notion - mainly from Joe's remarks on HOTE disc 2 - that he and Tim felt strongly that Meis and Leadon be included. That's speculation on my part, admittedly.

Mr. Meisner claims that his wife Lana asked Henley for a picture with him, and Henley stalked off without replying. There are also stories that during the performance, Randy's mic wasn't turned on. Deliberately.

Well I guess it is just a matter of perspective. Sure any talented guy like Schmit or Walsh will be listened to, and that is likely true of Smith as well. However when push comes to shove, Schmit/Walsh could be overruled, while Frey/Henley could not.

Understanding the gentle nature of Tim and his humility, I don't think he would want to rock the boat. Still if left up to him, I'd bet he and Joe would have voted to let Bernie, Randy & Don participate. Needless to say, it was not up to them, only Henley.
    Why do you assume that Timothy and Joe would have voted to let Bernie, Randy and Felder participate ? You seem to take it for granted that all 5 of them are the best of friends and that Don Henley is the big bad bully who won't let them be?!?! They are big boys now and are well able to decide who they want honoured - obviously the final decision was made by the KCH and not Don Henley. This has been explained numerous times in this thread, if you would only take the time to read it instead of forcing everyone to read a thread you started 3 years ago that has no relevance to this thread.

I think you might be right on that, so lets assume that is the case. It is not as if Henley was like Schmit or Walsh, not holding grudges. You can tell he is still bitter toward Meisner & Felder to this day. Somehow he got beyond his issues with Leadon, which is at least something positive.

Thus your speculation (which might be right) is somewhat undermined, because Frey was over any issues with Leadon, so why not at least invite him?
    Henley has no issues with Randy or Bernie. If he had issues with Randy, why would he, along with Glenn and the rest of the Eagles, pay his medical bills the last few years ??

As for the KCH, I think the current members were the right ones to be honoured but that's only my opinion
    Last edited by L101; 01-06-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

The KCH are over and done with. There doesn't seem to be any point in continuing to debate this stuff. A lot of people have been left with certain impressions because of the way it was handled and I doubt that will change.

I'm hopeful that Don Henley's recent praise of Randy means he has softened his attitude towards him.