Page 82 of 195 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thanks for that, Dreamer! I agree with you, TT, that he does a great cover of Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

I LOVE his country side and can't wait to hear this new album! I heard him do a husky, slow, live version of Too Far Gone once (an audio recording) and OMG - one of the sexiest, most heartbreaking things I have ever heard! He did a cute intro, too, insinuating that some people in the audience were indeed, too far gone...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Thanks for that, Dreamer! I agree with you, TT, that he does a great cover of Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

I LOVE his country side and can't wait to hear this new album! I heard him do a husky, slow, live version of Too Far Gone once (an audio recording) and OMG - one of the sexiest, most heartbreaking things I have ever heard! He did a cute intro, too, insinuating that some people in the audience were indeed, too far gone...
    I"m just saying it was a great cover job well done.
    He is a talented guy drumming, singing , writing , performing..he has it all covered.
    We saw him do that a long time ago and it still sticks in my mind..it was that good

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Joe once said in an interview that he wants to be remembered as a valid, creative statesman of rock. I think that term serves them all well.
    I agree,is statement covers them all.
    talent is talent and they got talent.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I consider YouTube "streaming radio."

On a more positive note than my previous post, I found a lot of other aspects of the article interesting as well.

When Don is talking about the lame habit some people have of chatting on cell phones or texting during concerts, he says that they are so addicted to their devices that "We’re terminally distracted." I thought: sounds like a great song lyric! lol

He says analog sounds "warmer" - you know, I'd never thought of comparing analog with digital when it's in the same format (both CDs as opposed to one being CD and one vinyl, for instance.) I'll have to investigate that, and not be so quick to discount it as nostalgia talking. It's cool he's away of Joe's album, too!

I always love it when he talks about fan responses to "Heart of the Matter." That song is so amazing - it was that song that made me truly a fan of Don Henley's music. I mean, I loved "Boys of Summer," but "Heart of the Matter" has incredible emotional power.

As others have commented, I love that he sums up his career as "Longer and better than I ever imagined. I am amazed and grateful every day."
    OOH..SOda,
    I love that quote from Don. Sounds like a man who is talented and grateful and I am glad.

ALso agree with you about" The heart of the matter".
    One of my fav Don songs.
    SUch a talented guy.

Greatful are we that he chose to share the talent that God gave him with the world..it makes it a beter place .

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A little blurb about Don... All I can say is that he'd have even more money if he'd ever release his new album and go on tour for it. Not that I'm nagging or anything.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ringo...hest-drummers/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    A little blurb about Don... All I can say is that he'd have even more money if he'd ever release his new album and go on tour for it. Not that I'm nagging or anything.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ringo...hest-drummers/
    Don is fourth behind Dave Grohl? really?

Another article on the richest drummers.

http://iheart.q1043.com/cc-common/ne...ticle=10377818

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post

hEY HE did something like that on the night that we saw him solo.
    he wasnt feeling to well so he made a comment about waiting for the meds to take affect,,,he has a whitty side lol who knew??

but I love his version of everybody rules the world, awsome

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    Don is fourth behind Dave Grohl? really?
    And Mick Fleetwood all the way down at #30?

It does mention "net worth" - do they mean what's left after they've partied up/donated to charity/paid of ex-wives etc...?
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I'm surprised Mick Fleetwood is even on there at all. His investments are so poor that at one point, he actually had to file for bankruptcy. Plus, he gets no songwriting credits (with the exception of "The Chain") that would garner him royalties, and he can hardly tour solo to get revenue from live shows. When Fleetwood Mac doesn't tour, his income level is severely affected. Lucky for him, they're hitting the road again in 2013.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten