Page 107 of 148 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

My radio station was talking about this, but did not have a lot of details. What happened??

I am so so so so SO disappointed. I had really wanted to see them again this time with a much greater appreciation of the band and it’s music. I’ll still probably go but this is a big bummer.

I can't believe they fired Buckingham and replaced him with Mike Campbell, the veteran very talented and much loved lead guitarist with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Neil Finn @ Crowded House.

Many fans expressing great unhappiness even distain for this decision.

My opinion? Most know I loved Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and of course wish MC and the Heartbreakers all the best but I sure as heck never saw this coming and can't say yet how I feel except shocked.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Very disappointing to hear - I was looking forward to seeing them tour this year as being one of the few bands with their classic lineup of members. I will still be happy to go see them and I will still consider them to be Fleetwood Mac, even though the current lineup is less than ideal.

@East Texas Girl, I have no idea if we'll ever hear the true reason for his firing. It's now a firing, since Rolling Stone and Variety have reported that it's a firing. But it came from Billy Burnette who was 1/2 of LB's replacement in 1987. He's promoting his book and he's upset that he wasn't picked to be a replacement again. So it's possible that it isn't a firing b/c only Billy has called it that.

I think otherwise based on speculation. I know that it's not good to base it on that, but they called LBCM not Fleetwood Mac to play safe and be nice. It was supposed to be Fleetwood Mac, but Stevie did not want to participate b/c albums don't sell anymore. Based on the 2004 Destiny Rules documentary, you could also see that they bickered at times during the making of that album. She may not like Buckingham really working on her stuff anymore. That's my interpretation, so pick out what seems plausible.

After Musicares in late January, they were supposed to have a Sirius XM station in February but it was axed for unknown reasons. You could probably guess why now.

Speculative reasons for departure:

A. He wanted a solo album out in January then pushed to March [Forgot if pushed to April as well] and then no announcement. [This part came from his mouth in interviews and brief fan chat.] Maybe he still really wanted that solo album out before the big Mac tour, but they were like no. Or he offered it as part of FM and they were like no. It's also possible that he didn't want to do another greatest hits tour and he wanted a band album. It's purely speculation.

B. Stevie had enough with Buckingham and asked Mick and promoters to give him the axe. She doesn't like him anymore because he has temper tantrums or for whatever reason. This may also be a part of their rivalry and getting back at him for all these years and stuff. This is all speculation.

C. He actually left on his accord. I don't think this one is likely because of the song, "On With the Show" and his solo efforts that were turned into Mac albums. Remember, speculation.

There may be other speculations as well, but unfortunately, I can only give you speculation. They put spin on the story to save face, so the true reason may not ever come out.

Whatever reason that ever comes out will still be invalid to me because it's absolutely ridiculous that he's no longer a part of Fleetwood Mac. It's a shame.

I am a Lindsey Buckingham fan, first and foremost. I can appreciate Stevie's first 2 solo albums, but I haven't listened to all of her solo discography yet. So please don't call me a Stevie-hater. I'm just neutral with her, but I do like the songs that she and Buckingham have contributed together. I like her Tusk songs.

They're still Fleetwood Mac but are they still a Fleetwood Mac I want to support? That's the question for me.

It's not just that Lindsey left. That would be hard, but I could accept it more easily. It's that he was thrown out of the band.

Word is that Stevie and Lindsey got into it and Stevie gave an ultimatum: Him or Me - and Mick chose Stevie because she's the money maker.

It all makes me so sick, the greed, the pettiness, the lack of integrity, the importance of egos over music.

It makes me regret caring so much about these bands.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They're still Fleetwood Mac but are they still a Fleetwood Mac I want to see? That's the question.

It's not just that Lindsey left. That would be hard, but I could accept it more easily. It's that he was thrown out of the band.

Word is that Stevie and Lindsey got into it and Stevie gave an ultimatum: Him or Me - and Mick chose Stevie because she's the money maker.

It all makes me so sick, the greed, the pettiness.

Yep.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    They're still Fleetwood Mac but are they still a Fleetwood Mac I want to see? That's the question for me.

It all makes me so sick, the greed, the pettiness, the lack of integrity, the importance of egos over music.

If only Mick would actually listen to his accountant/financial advisor [if he even has one].

-------

EDIT: Also, I would be a little more okay if they did more of the pre-1975 era stuff. I still would not go see them, but I'm So Afraid by Campbell and Finn, nope!

A "farewell tour" with two new members? Pathetic. Just like the "Eagles," my other favorite band ends in ignominy and disgrace, disrespecting the man who was key to their sound for so many years.

And Stevie... how she's let me down!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I consider this worse than the Eagles' situation as something "could' have been done to keep this band intact. They have endured many dramas before.