Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    A new interview. Nothing controversial. Talks about his plans, his weight and his exercise regime.

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2015/04/27...laying-guitar/
    Loved this article on Felder. Love how he talks about his life NOW, Nothing really about the Eagles, & as for money, he talked about some gigs the money going to a charity! Which is highly commendable.
    I don't believe Felder is money hungry, & does the tours for the love of the music & he actually likes touring.
    He looks fantastic & works at it. For his age , 67, he does a lot to stay in shape & keep his weight down. Me, ugh, I struggle to get in a workout & I'm younger.
    Seems like he's enjoying his life right now, Happy for him!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

LOS ANGELES, May 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Actor and humanitarian Matthew Perry will receive the "2015 Phoenix Rising Award" and former Los Angeles Mayor and civic leader, the Honorable Antonio Villaraigosa, the "2015 Public Service Award" at the 12th Annual Triumph for Teens Awards Gala, Monday, June 15th, 2015 at the Montage Beverly Hills. The event celebrates the victories of young people in overcoming their addiction and related ailments and recognizes contributions and accomplishments which have positively influenced the health and welfare of our communities, especially our at risk youth.

KCBS/KCAL weather anchor/reporter Kaj Goldberg hosts the dinner and award ceremony with Don Felder, former lead guitarist for The Eagles, performing. Michael Dwyer, DeeDee Gordon and Michael Kraus are the Gala Co-Chairs.
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300089261.html
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I guess until recently, South America didn't have enough adequate venues to play. Here in the UK there are now loads of arenas to play. Before 2K there were relatively few.

To atone for Heaven And Hell, Don needs to do a lot more than "soften his tone". A humble grovelling apology would go down very well imho.
    Apology, really?, Seems to me that Frey & Henley owe him an apology for the way they spoke of him in HOE documentary, most especially Glenn, who sounded like a kid in a schoolyard fight. The HOE tour would have been a lot better if Felder was included & would have been a TRUE HISTORY of the band.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Apology, really?, Seems to me that Frey & Henley owe him an apology for the way they spoke of him in HOE documentary, most especially Glenn, who sounded like a kid in a schoolyard fight. The HOE tour would have been a lot better if Felder was included & would have been a TRUE HISTORY of the band.
    IMO Glenn didn't say worse things in the doc about Don F than Don said about Glenn in the book or - especially - later in interviews. The only difference is that Glenn was straight about it, whereas Don did it in a more subtle (and clever!) manner. Glenn actually used the word "a**h***", whereas Don's "honest, gentle and innocent" approach was designed to make people go "Glenn, that a**h***!" without him having to say it.
    Just my opinion.

Stuck on the Border

We can't fight their battles for them! I suspect that Glenn and Don H would require a big apology from Don F and in turn Don F would require a big apology from Glenn and Don H. I wouldn't envy the negotiator who got that job.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    We can't fight their battles for them!
    What are fans supposed to do then?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I would fight their battles for them in a minute if I had all the facts!

I agree with what Chaim said, and since I'm very much a fan of the direct approach, I'm a bit baffled with all those who don't see Felder's approach for what it was and continues to be. On the other hand, it is possible to be too direct (or so I'm told).
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Unrelated to Felder, I have to say while I'm a straight shooter and I'm about truth, I'm a very, very sensitive person who wears his heart on his sleeve and avoids criticism at all costs, and if someone came across that direct about me or to me, I'd be pretty pissed off about it and would let them know, in an equally direct way.

While I don't believe in passive-aggression, I also don't believe in being outwardly direct and cruel either. It's too harsh for me and I don't take it well and never will.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I don't think any of them are sensitive souls. After surviving nearly fifty years in a dirty business they must have thick skins.

Frey re-enacted a telephone call in which he called Felder an a*hole, whereas Felder tells of a conversation in which Henley calls Frey an a*hole. For me, that sums it up.

Generally, I find Felder's interviews a bit dull because they are all about him and I don't find him very interesting. He's moved on a bit from "How I wrote Hotel California" and how he was mistreated by "The Gods", but iPad yoga and liquid diets aren't exactly thrilling!