Thread: Joe Walsh > Addiction Awareness Rally October 4th

Banned

Default Joe Walsh > Addiction Awareness Rally October 4th

This news was announced a few weeks back. Joe will perform at the first Addiction Awareness Rally on the National Mall Washington D.C. on October 4th.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...rally-20150818

Steven Tyler, Sheryl Crow and some acts I'm unfamiliar with will also play. It's a free event and it may be streamed live on the internet. "We're working on it"

Joe was on Klean Radio this weekend. Here's a 52:21 minute video of his chat.

http://www.kleanradio.com/2015/09/08...sh-gets-klean/

I haven't watched it yet so I don't know what they talk about.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Joe Walsh > Addiction Awareness Rally October 4th

Thanks so much for that link, F50. Wow - Joe is such an inspiration. I hope lots of people get to hear this broadcast.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

I've watched the podcast. http://www.kleanradio.com/2015/09/08...sh-gets-klean/
    Joe says little about his career. Almost all the focus is on Addiction. He shares an anecdote about the title of Funk #49.

The story is, that during the recording of the first James Gang album Yer Album, Walsh yell's to producer, Bill Szymzcyk, "how many takes have we done?" Szymcyk answers "must be about 47" so Joe says "Well this is number 48." The better known follow up, Funk #49 appeared on the second James Gang album, The James Gang Rides Again.

Joe also shared an anecdote about encountering a twins convention which he self diagnosed as a serious bout of double vision.

At the beginning of the conversation we learn that Joe helped host, Pat O'Brien get sober several Years ago. KLEAN CEO, Andrew Spanswick was a bit of an annoyance at first but once I realised that this wasn't all about Joe, the guy was a hugely impressive presence.

Joe was asked about his band on October 4th. He didn't give any names but said
    "I went and dug through my catalogue and picked out some stuff that I've never played live and I'm dusting those off, so it's a new direction for me. I've got to learn all these songs I wrote! Wow that's scarey!"
    Pat O'Brien says it will be "on our website (I expect he means Klean Radio) and Joe's website among others.

Joe's closing statement was "I wish everyone serenity out there"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool! I will try to listen to this when I get some time! I'm so glad Joe is helping those who need it like this! He's a good guy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

My favorite moment was the fact that Joe hadn't heard Funk 49 in the headphones for ages and noted the wonderful cross fade in the beginning. I love the beginning of that song and always wait to hear it surge from one speaker to the other!

My least favorite thing is Pat O'Brien never shuts up. Such a bad interviewer.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

I love it MV, it's great that, despite writing, playing and recording Funk #49, Joe gets the same buzz as us when he hears that intro through his headphones.

I'm looking forward to October 4th, without really knowing what Joe will be doing.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I posted about the rally before. In fact, Soda made a pre concert anticipation thread for it: https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=5870.

From what I gathered, Joe will be performing. I guess since it's free to public, maybe they'll ask for donations? I hope that we'll be able to stream it live.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I posted about the rally before. In fact, Soda made a pre concert anticipation thread for it: https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=5870.

From what I gathered, Joe will be performing. I guess since it's free to public, maybe they'll ask for donations? I hope that we'll be able to stream it live.
    They did mention it would be streamed live. They aren't trying to raise money, only awareness. At this point anyway......

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Thanks for that podcast. I'll have to check it out.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten