Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How tall is Timothy?

Default Re: How tall is Timothy?

Glenn lucks out, heightwise in pictures, because his hair is "higher," giving the illusion he's a hair (ha!) taller. Tim goes for length going down, Glenn's goes up. I think it makes Glenn look a tad taller, when in fact I'm prety sure they're the same height. Shoe heels, too, play a part, too. Back in the 70s, I think Glenn depended on cowboy boot heels to add like 2-inches, but I don't think he can stand in those anymore for a 2-hour show. (Though the black/white shoes probably have lifts/heels in them somehow.)

I'd put them both at 5'9.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    Glenn lucks out, heightwise in pictures, because his hair is "higher," giving the illusion he's a hair (ha!) taller. Tim goes for length going down, Glenn's goes up. I think it makes Glenn look a tad taller, when in fact I'm prety sure they're the same height. Shoe heels, too, play a part, too. Back in the 70s, I think Glenn depended on cowboy boot heels to add like 2-inches, but I don't think he can stand in those anymore for a 2-hour show. (Though the black/white shoes probably have lifts/heels in them somehow.)

I'd put them both at 5'9.
    Actually, if you spend the money, cowboy boots are some of the most comfortable shoes you'll ever wear. Once they are broken in, they conform to your feet perfectly and have incredible support. My boots are the only footwear I own where I can stand longer than an hour or so without my back and knees hurting.

As for the black and white shoes, I've seen him in them and they didn't appear to have anything in them that lifted his heels off the ground more than the normal half-inch or so that all those types of shoes have as a heel.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Actually, if you spend the money, cowboy boots are some of the most comfortable shoes you'll ever wear. Once they are broken in, they conform to your feet perfectly and have incredible support. My boots are the only footwear I own where I can stand longer than an hour or so without my back and knees hurting.

As for the black and white shoes, I've seen him in them and they didn't appear to have anything in them that lifted his heels off the ground more than the normal half-inch or so that all those types of shoes have as a heel.

That's some good info re the boots, would love a pair of 'proper' ones they are definitely on the saving up for list!
    I only got drunk once...it lasted twenty years
    Joe Walsh

Where is the picture from the R&R HOF with all of them lined up??? I think you can see the heights pretty good in that & it includes everyone

I suddenly can't find it when I want it!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Wait a second ...I thought when you checked for height with another person you stood heel to heel...TBF, you don't have an ulterior motive, do you?

You do it your way and I'll do it mine!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    You do it your way and I'll do it mine!!
    I'll go with your way Willie!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Just to put everyone's minds to rest on who's tallest to shortest, I will volunteer to stand toe to toe with each and every Eagle, former members included and let you all know for sure just where they each rank. Anything for my fellow board members!!! Hope you all appreciate it!
    LOL - I definitely appreciate your way to let us know who's tallest/shortest, TBF

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

Um don't want to cause a riot with you ladies but as I asked the question shouldn't I be the one doing the front to front with Timothy?
    Last edited by Dyan61; 05-19-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    I only got drunk once...it lasted twenty years
    Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Dyan61 View Post
    Um don't want to cause a riot with you ladies but as I asked the question shouldn't I be the one doing the front to front with Timothy?

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

all I have to say is...he's tall enough