Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Breed CD with bonus material to be released!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

OMG - I have to get this. ASAP!!!!!

I have just been listening to the New Breed Wants You! CD again.. and I have to say it's FANTASTIC!! It's so neat to hear a young Timothy singing away, without a care in the world

Default Re: New Breed CD with bonus material to be released!

Well I just found something on Youtube that made me want to resurrect this thread... a video of Timothy accepting a commemorative 45 EP of early Sacramento rock bands from the mayor of Sacramento at the SAMCC Open House in 2007. This is also when Joey D released the New Breed Cd so Joey D is also featured.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut4vHmdGUnE[/ame]

One thing I found very interesting is you can see how uncomfortable Tim was at this event because even though the whole New Breed band was there, he was the only one called up or acknowledged by the mayor.. a sticky position for him for sure!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I saw the video a while ago and it made me uncomfortable to watch it! It's funny, because when he's on stage, he seems so at ease...but here in a small setting, he's looks totally uncomfortable!

I don't think I've seen this before - thanks for posting it, TF!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Having finally got my old PayPal account sorted, I've been able to order the New Breed CD. Promptly dispatched by Joey, it arrived this morning, and I now have a new Tim song to cry over every time I listen to it. (This is the nearest smilie I could find for 'embarrassed' ).
    Even more embarrassing is that the song has been around, and seemingly well-known, since 1965 having been written by Randy Newman and sung by Cilla Black (Liverpudlian singer from the Beatles era for those who've never heard of her) and Dusty Springfield, though I can't say I've ever heard it before. 'I've been wrong before' is just

It's a shame that there are no song-writing credits on the CD because to me 'The sound of the music' sounds like an early version of 'A good day', so I would love to know if Tim wrote it. (Suppose I can always write and ask him!)

If there are any Tim fans who have yet to buy this CD - do. Even if you don't love the whole album, there'll be several songs that you'll be pleased you've got, and it's so interesting to hear Tim's 'early' voice. And if it's him singing on 'Bald headed woman' then you can hear shades of 'White boy from Sacramento'.

And to Joey D - thank you for all the work you did in compiling this album and booklet. Great job.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the reminder UK TF. Looks like I may have to order this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Definitely!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Order this on Thursday and received it today. WHAT A FIND!!! Amazing how Tim's voice was such a stand-out even back then...impossible to miss!

UK TimFan, just an FYI in case nobody mentioned it before...the writing credits are included in the insert (inside back page) and Tim IS one of the writers on The Sound of Music.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Victim of Love View Post
    Order this on Thursday and received it today. WHAT A FIND!!! Amazing how Tim's voice was such a stand-out even back then...impossible to miss!

UK TimFan, just an FYI in case nobody mentioned it before...the writing credits are included in the insert (inside back page) and Tim IS one of the writers on The Sound of Music.
    I am so pleased that you're enjoying the CD.

And many thanks for the heads-up about the song-writing credits. Can't think how I managed to miss them - can only think I got interrupted before I got quite to the end of the booklet and later thought I had read it all.