Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

Oh well, Holly, there's always next year!

Here's a recent interview where Stevie gives a few more details about the relationship with Joe:
    "'There are the great loves of your life,' [Stevie] says, 'then there are the loves of your life, and then there are the companions of your life - there's all the different kind of love affairs that you have. But all the great loves of my life wouldn't have been any better at settling down than me.'

And who has been the greatest love of her life?

'My great, great love was Joe Walsh.'

Joe Walsh? Of the Eagles? I struggle to keep the note of surprise out of my voice.

'It's crazy, isn't it?'

I am no expert on Nicks's romantic adventures, but I've done my research. Her affairs with Buckingham, Fleetwood, Don Henley, the record executive Jimmy Iovine - all are well chronicled. But nowhere have I found a single reference to Joe Walsh.

'1983 to 1986,' Nicks says crisply. 'I don't know - why do you love somebody? Why do you love them so much that when they walk in the room your heart jumps out of your chest? I don't know. But I fell in love with Joe at first sight from across the room, in the bar at the Mansions Hotel in Dallas. I looked at him and I walked across the room and I sat on the bar stool next to him, and two seconds later I crawled into his lap, and that was it.

'We were probably the perfect, complete, crazy pair. He was the one that I would have married, and that I would probably have changed my life around for…' She pauses. 'A little bit. Not a lot. But he wouldn't have changed his life either.'

The reason they broke up, she says, is that they were both 'really seriously drug addicts. We were a couple on the way to hell.'

The relationship finally ended when Walsh got on a plane and went to Australia 'to get away from me, basically. He thought - or so I'm told by my friends that Joe told - that one of us was going to die, and the other person would not be able to save them. And I did think I was going to die, absolutely. It took me a long, long time to get over it - if I ever got over it. Because there was no other man in the world for me. And it's the same today, even though Joe is married and has two sons. He met somebody in rehab and got married. And I think he's happy.'"
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main...cks.xml&page=1

Doesn't she look great?!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

oh wow! I wonder how he feels when he reads stuff like that. I wonder how DON feels! LOL! There's this small part of me that hints Don would be a little jealous of that fact....even though he's happily married. At least if I were in his shoes, it would be a little awkward that a woman you had an affair with says that your bandmate was the only REAL love of her life.

Is Joe still married? I thought I read somewhere that he has a daughter...so is it two sons and one daughter?

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Oh, that is interesting. Wow, she really, really loved him. He must surely know it. How cool. A little weird for Don though. Is Joe still with his wife? I thought they broke up.

It sure seems like it. I was under the impression Joe was at least separated from his wife but I don't know for sure. He does have a daughter named Lucy who is trying to make it in the music business. That's all I know about his family, I'm afraid!

If Joe is not with his wife anymore, maybe he should give Stevie a call!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    oh wow! I wonder how he feels when he reads stuff like that. I wonder how DON feels! LOL! There's this small part of me that hints Don would be a little jealous of that fact....even though he's happily married. At least if I were in his shoes, it would be a little awkward that a woman you had an affair with says that your bandmate was the only REAL love of her life.

Is Joe still married? I thought I read somewhere that he has a daughter...so is it two sons and one daughter?
    Surely Don and Stevie had an 'affair' as you put it? From what I understand it was not a long lasting relationship or deep love, Stevie's resultant abortion regardless, although no doubt it was intense at the time. I don't see why Don would be 'jealous' about Stevie and Joe. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

If Joe came to Australia to escape Stevie in 1986 that would be on either the Party Boys or Creatures From America tour that I saw.

Very interesting, thanks for posting that.

I can certainly see how Henley might be a bit jealous, not necessarily because he wanted Stevie Nicks for himself, but because every man wants to think that he is the most memorable lover, and here Stevie says Joe was the great love of her life and not Henley. I can see how that might bother Henley a bit.

Soda, thanks for posting that. I actually read that yesterday in the Daily Telegraph magazine and was going to post it today. The whole article is very interesting. I didn't realise how Stevie got so messed up with prescription drugs and how courageous she was to get off them. Her description of her love for Joe is rather moving, and I agree that Don could have grounds for feeling jealous, but from your accounts of their recent concerts together they seem to be on an even keel now.

I'll send the hard copy of the article to you.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Oh, thank you so much GEF! I appreciate it!

Regarding the Joe / Stevie / Don dynamic.... it does make you wonder. Stevie obviously found her relationship with Joe more meaningful romantically, but if you look at the three today - it's Stevie and Don who have a closeness, not Stevie and Joe. Don and Stevie often call each other and appear at each other's benefits; but with Joe, apparently Stevie didn't even know he was estranged from his wife. Maybe the fact that it was less intense with Don made it easier for them to be friends afterwards. Joe may have been the love of her life, but Don is the one whom she turns to nowadays. Their relationship is the one that has lasted. I think that if it were up to Stevie, she would have that kind of relationship with Joe too, but he doesn't seem to be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Surely Don and Stevie had an 'affair' as you put it? From what I understand it was not a long lasting relationship or deep love, Stevie's resultant abortion regardless, although no doubt it was intense at the time. I don't see why Don would be 'jealous' about Stevie and Joe. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
    It was more a "fun" relationship according to Stevie, which is probably why something like a pregnancy brought everything screeching to a halt. Still, I think it would be perfectly natural for Don to feel a stab of dismay or even jealousy that Joe ranks higher on Stevie's "Great Loves" scale. It doesn't mean he's bitter about losing Stevie; it's just the male ego! It would only be human nature for Don to prefer a statement like "The man who meant the most to me was Don Henley, despite the relative brevity of our affair... it was just THAT wonderful a time. NEXT is Joe Walsh, whom I wanted to marry..." lol