Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Today in Eagles History

Default Re: Today in Eagles History

BTW - one version of the story (I think the one in To The Limit) says that Glenn got mad because Felder acted disinterested at the press conference. Um... I don't think the author got that right, because they ALL look disinterested!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh, and here's a photo from earlier in the day. I believe it's before Felder dissed Cranston and/or his wife, although he and Glenn already look pissed, don't they? Maybe it was indeed afterwards! Or they were both in surly moods beforehand.

Well, when I look at this, all of the guys seem pretty disinterested and pissed, but Glenn and Felder do look especially pisssed.

I'm not sure whether the picture was taken before or after the diss either. Neither the account in Take It To the Limit or Felder's book really helps shed any light on it. However, as we have previously discussed on the board, Felder's account doesn't quite "jive". He writes ...

"Glenn knew I wasn't comfortable with a rock-and-roll band doing a show for politicians. His hostility was compounded when Mrs. Cranston walked up to me backstage to say hello just before we went onstage.

"Hello," I replied. "Nice to meet you ...." As she walked away, I added, under my breath, "I guess."

Glenn, standing next to me, heard this and viewed my comment as an intentional slap in the face for the Cranstons, but he was wrong. I truly had no idea who they were, nor did I care, for that matter." ...
    As this picture indicates, he, obviously, had met them prior to just going on stage.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I actually have this whole show here:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...aturedshow.htm
    Thanks for the link1!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

But there had been a press conference at which Felder was specifically asked how he felt about doing the benefit, and he said he didn't care, which made Glenn furious (this is according to Marc Eliot). Whether he cared or whether or not he had met the Cranstons it appears that he was very rude to them.

I was kind of late posting this today (had pre-dated it 12:01 PM instead of 12:01 AM) but it's another historic moment in the very beginnings of the Eagles! They traveled to Aspen on this day in 1971 to do their first set of gigs as a band.

Ah, the release of the Outlaw Man single. Glenn's vocal on this is so sexy! Especially on this live version - I highly recommend you check out the video if you get a chance!

Outlaw Man (Seattle 1976)
    Download .mpg (55 megs)
    Download .wmv (12 megs)

The performance has also been posted on YouTube here, although the quality isn't quite as good:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ccwBTyVHQ[/ame]

My gosh that was something! And they still play with that same passion today! Glenn's vocals are great and Don Felder's guitar work is unbelieveable! Joe was a 'bouncer' even way back then, wasn't he?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

He sure was a bouncer! lol I love watching that - Glenn's passionate vocal, the way he plays the piano, the way Felder just hits it out of the park with his guitar, the way Joe works with him - and you have the rhythm section (Randy and Don) holding it all together... LOVE it.

I have my Border style on Desperado in honor of the release of Outlaw Man, even! lol

Stuck on the Border

I love that song. I know they didn't write it but if I could have one really old song back in the set, that would be the one (that and Good Day In Hell).

Did anyone ever notice that Glenn changed the words in a couple of places in the live performance? For example, instead of singing " Headed for Oklahoma, I was ridin' night and day", he sings " Headed for Oklahoma, In a 56 Chevrolet". I wondered why every time that I listened to the album I wanted to sing "56 Chevrolet" there. I even went back & listened to the song again one time to see if he sang the words later in the song. I thought I was going crazy! At one point I did watch the video quite a bit so that is where I picked up the "56 Chevrolet" line. Now watching the video again I discovered that I wasn't crazy afterall ! What I relief!