Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    He would definitely NOT be as successfull today as he is had it not been for the Eagles. I seriously doubt that he'd have survived the 90's at all without them. But survival aside, the shear popularity of the Eagles bolstered Joe's popularity and Joe contributed significantly to the success of the Eagles...and he has continued to contribute.

Right now, they are a good match.
    I totally agree. I think many people were very skeptical about how good a fit Joe would be, but, it has obviously worked out beautifully for all parties involved. I believe each of the four members plays a very unique and specific role in the formula that makes the Eagles the success that they are. This is why I hate to see people undermine or downplay any of the four men's contribution. I love all four of them and have an immense amount of respect for the unique talent and personalities that each of them brings to the band.

And OBTW - I'm glad to hear that at least a couple of Joe's hardcore fans don't think I'm totally full of crap.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Joe Walsh Greatest Hits Survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I totally agree. I think many people were very skeptical about how good a fit Joe would be,
    I for one was VERY skeptical. I was tuned into Walsh with the Gang and also with Barnstorm, Smoker, So What and Sick Mind and when I heard he was joining the Eagles....well, I couldn't imagine Joe playing semi-bluegrass and mutated country. I liked the Eagles doing that style in the early albums (Desperado is one of my all-time favorite albums). But Joe Walsh? The ex-Leader of one of the three or four heaviest power Trios EVER? No Way!

Then I heard them in concert for Hotel California in 1976. Had to be '76. Might have been very early in '77 though. Anyway, it was in Wichita at Wichita State University....Joe's original home town. He quietly sat on a stool through the early part of the performance playing the role assigned to him and playing that Country Rock and contributing to the solo parts...especially in Take It Easy. But, I could immediatly see where Joe was going to Fit In when they started playing virtually the entire list of songs on Hotel California! Fit it? Hell Yes!

MikeA