I got the impression that the gap between rumours of summer dates with Bad Company surfacing and the official announcement of the One Hell Of A Night Tour was Joe making sure that there will be no Eagles related commitments this summer.

If his 40 year connection with the Eagles is truly over, I think Joe is almost certain to become part of (another)super group.

Before HFO, he put together a band with Frankie Miller and Nicky Hopkins. He may also have been part of Felder, Schmit's & Co's The Malibu Men's Choir although I believe Felder didn't want him in the band.

I'm sure Felder would fancy putting that band together again, welcoming Joe with open arms, now he's sober.

Side projects and Super groups are 10-a-penny now so, although I fully expect Joe to continue with his solo projects, I also expect him to get heavily involved with an act that he's not the boss. As Paul Rogers was a guy he said he'd like to work with, it may be sooner rather than later.

I think Joe believes that Henley will also miss being in a band so don't think Joe will write off the Eagles just yet.