Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Default Re: How's the weather?

In the word of Mr. Frey. The Heat Is On. With living in the south all my life, I would think I would be used to the hot, muggy weather of the deep south. LOL

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Me too; I've lived in Steam City (as the Eagles called it) for many moons but for some reason this year I'm not tolerating "hot and muggy" well. I've been staying indoors a lot, even on weekends, which is not normal for me.

Do we have any Borderers from Southern California or Arizona? It's unbelievably hot there, dangerously hot. I can't complain about the heat where I live when it's over 100 in the southwest. Crazy hot!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    In the word of Mr. Frey. The Heat Is On. With living in the south all my life, I would think I would be used to the hot, muggy weather of the deep south. LOL

Southwest Georgia is getting a 'break' from the extreme heat. It's bad when 90 is considered a break. It's the humidity that makes it almost unbearable. It feels like a sauna and my glasses fog up each time I walk outside . Air you can wear as my local weatherman puts it.

Today is the first official day of summer. I'm dreading July and August because we only have one window AC unit and the cool air from it never reaches my bedroom. My bedroom can be almost as hot as it is outside. I know what Felder meant by his sleeping clothes being soaked with sweat.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine living without ac! I'm completely spoiled! I hope you can get some relief, AG. Make a bed on the floor wherever that ac unit is!

I suppose it's not as bad here in Missouri, but I can't imagine it being worse! We had 96 yesterday with the heat index over 100. So very close and muggy outside. And we finally got some rain last night! We got a half inch at our house and 25 miles west they got 5 inches! That was a bit much, but we'll take whatever we can get. This is the first rain for us this month!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I always say I rather have the hot, dry less humid heat than the hot, humid and muggy heat of the south. We had a little break, but like AG said. We call 90 degree a break. LOL The mid 90s and probably heat index in the 100 will be back in full force later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Oh my goodness, I can't imagine living without ac! I'm completely spoiled! I hope you can get some relief, AG. Make a bed on the floor wherever that ac unit is!

I suppose it's not as bad here in Missouri, but I can't imagine it being worse! We had 96 yesterday with the heat index over 100. So very close and muggy outside. And we finally got some rain last night! We got a half inch at our house and 25 miles west they got 5 inches! That was a bit much, but we'll take whatever we can get. This is the first rain for us this month!

I actually did that a few times when I was younger because it's near the kitchen table, and I could make a fort out of it. Now, it's the cats' sleeping place. I'm better off now than I was because I finally had a ceiling fan installed in my room about 18 months ago. Plus, I'm spending some of the days inside a fully air conditioned building.

It's only 90 today. By Friday, it'll be 98, with heat indexes of105+.
    -Kim-

The forecasted highs for next weekend are in the triple digits. It's only almost 11 am, and it feels like 95 outside. Can we just skip the rest of July, August, and most of September? I prefer the cold over these sweltering temps.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Sumer Is Icumen In.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    The forecasted highs for next weekend are in the triple digits. It's only almost 11 am, and it feels like 95 outside. Can we just skip the rest of July, August, and most of September? I prefer the cold over these sweltering temps.
    My eyes boggled slightly at the 'triple digits' until I realised you were talking of Fahrenheit, not Celcuis.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Sumer Is Icumen In.

My eyes boggled slightly at the 'triple digits' until I realised you were talking of Fahrenheit, not Celcuis.
    Come on, you're old enough to think in terms of 70 being warm and 80 being too hot. It's the colder temperatures that get me confused. Zero doesn't seem too bad until I realise that's -18 C degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Sumer Is Icumen In.

Lol. I assumed that everyone could figure out that I meant Fahrenheit. Isn't 100 C the boiling point of water (212 F)? While it's not that hot, the old joke about being able to fry an egg on the sidewalk is true.

UtW, 80 is actually comfortable here. (That's close to being the low temps at night.) We start to call it hot around 95 and up. Plus, the humidity and heat index makes it worse. 100 F here will feel 110 F at least. My family calls it "roasting" weather.
    -Kim-