-subUrbia
    -taste of cherry
    -close-up
    -my brilliant career
    -Marriage Italian Style
    -straw dogs

Default Re: Movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnqnYjerpmk

Well, Jack Bauer is my favorite J.B. action hero, but Jason Bourne is still ahead of James Bond in my book. Find out if Bourne should have returned or stayed off the grid in my review of Jason Bourne.

Great movies I've seen in the last 2 months for the first time.

-An Autumn Afternoon
    -Ordet
    -Ride the high country
    -Peeping Tom
    -Hell Drivers
    -Late Autumn

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I just watched a fantastic music movie called "Sing Street"!!! It's set in 1985 Ireland and tells the story of teenage boy who decides to form a band called Sing Street (a play on their school's address). I loved the writer/director's other movies "Once" (which became a Broadway musical) and "Begin Again" so I figured I would love this too and I did. Such a great Irish cast and I loved all the 80s music especially the songs created for the film. Plus the lead singer and lead guitarist totally reminded me of Bono and The Edge from U2 but as teens. Totally going on my 2016 fav films list.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Recently saw the movie "Wild," which starred the lovely Reese Witherspoon.

A bit graphic and vulgar at times, but an otherwise amazing movie.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    Recently saw the movie "Wild," which starred the lovely Reese Witherspoon.

A bit graphic and vulgar at times, but an otherwise amazing movie.
    I saw that too.. When she's backpacking.. I saw a movie "Wendy and Lucy" that was kinda similar. I know I saw it before, but I guess it wasn't great enough to stay with me.

I saw "The Working-Class Go To Heaven" -- fine Italian movie. Inspiring too.

I've already mentioned "Chariots of Fire."

How about Disney's "Hercules?," "The Bodyguard" with Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston, "Kingdom of Heaven" about the Crusades, "Gone With the Wind," "Love Story," "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett--the first one of a series of movies, "The Temptations," a made for NBC-TV movie.

Caught a few scenes from the Montgomery Clift movie "A Place in the Sun." Now THOSE are real and classily-done love scenes!

I was explaining the plot line of the classic movie "The Straight Story"(about a guy travelling hundreds of miles on a riding mower to visit his sick brother) to my father yesterday, and he thought it was just ridiculous. Fortunately, he doesn't have the greatest of tastes in movies(he thinks "Battlefield Earth" is a great movie).
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    Caught a few scenes from the Montgomery Clift movie "A Place in the Sun." Now THOSE are real and classily-done love scenes!

I was explaining the plot line of the classic movie "The Straight Story"(about a guy travelling hundreds of miles on a riding mower to visit his sick brother) to my father yesterday, and he thought it was just ridiculous. Fortunately, he doesn't have the greatest of tastes in movies(he thinks "Battlefield Earth" is a great movie).
    I love "A Place in the Sun"--Montgomery Clift was so handsome and Elizabeth Taylor was perfect for that role. I vaguely remember the riding lawn movie. I think it was that lead actor's last film (I can't recall his name but he was also in Misery).

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I love "A Place in the Sun"--Montgomery Clift was so handsome and Elizabeth Taylor was perfect for that role. I vaguely remember the riding lawn movie. I think it was that lead actor's last film (I can't recall his name but he was also in Misery).
    The lead actor was Richard Farnsworth, who died a year later from various ailments at 80. Harry Dean Stanton, the co-star, is still going strong at 90.

Recently bought the movie "A Million Ways to Die in the West," which I really liked when I saw it in theaters a couple of years back.
    All carrot, no stick.