Page 59 of 148 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I especially found this interesting....

The Eagles' most recent album and how he thinks it didn’t turn out as well as it should have because it was largely put together digitally. “The Eagles are at their best when we all go in a studio and set up and they mic us and they push record and we all play at once.”
    And he goes on to say that the digitalization of music, although it has made things much easier for musicians, it has really destroyed a lot of great music.
    "The most important thing is the human performance. You can’t fix everything and make it perfect just because you can. It’s a really bad habit. You’ve got to really testify and play from your heart. No reading a legal pad with what you’re going to do next.”
    He sings it high, he plays it low

He had mentioned this before in other interviews. It's not really anything new. Joe has been saying that he likes the old way of doing things. I have to agree with him. I am not a musician, but when it is all digitized & perfect, it sometimes loses it's soul.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Joe has been saying that he likes the old way of doing things.
    Yeah, I think where he said it most was Analog Man!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

It's the first time that I know of where he's expressed criticism of Long Road Out of Eden for this. Before, he's always criticized music digitization in generalities.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's the first time that I know of where he's expressed criticism of Long Road Out of Eden for this. Before, he's always criticized music digitization in generalities.
    I have no idea where I heard it, during all his interviews as AM was coming out, I did hear him say something similar about LROOE.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

That's why I put "that I know of" in my post - there's always the possibility that I've missed something, which apparently I did! Thanks for the correction.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I do recall him & maybe someone else, it may have been Timothy say that they did not have much time together when doing the album, that things were sent back & forth digitally...Seems kind of impersonal to me.I guess it can be convenient, & people won't have to travel, but I don't like to think that albums are made this way.

Stuck on the Border

Oh well.... I guess I should not say so but here goes. Although it bothers me how LROOE was recorded, and saddens me too, in my opinion it is a far superior album to Analog Man, digital & impersonal or not.

I feel the opposite. But different strokes for different folks. I like two songs from LROOE (How Long and Guilty Of The Crime). While I don't like every track on Analog Man, there are a lot more songs on there I really like. I admit that I wanted AM to be a bit more raw, less polished, and more like his earlier albums - but I still am glad he did the album and I think it has some great songs (Wrecking Ball, ODAAT, etc). LROOE for me I just don't connect with how "different" it is. It's hard to explain. Just like the title track. It just doesn't seem very Eagles to me. I do love How Long and Steuart did a great job with the lead guitar on it (love the SG Jr he uses on it), and GOTC is great too. I do like YANA too, but not as well as the other two.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hey - what can I say ... I love 'em both even though they are very different. As far as Analog Man, I think it's one of Joe's best solo efforts ever. Even though, as Austin says, it is more 'polished' than some of his previous work, I don't think he overdid it at all - for me, it's just right.

As far as LROOE - my biggest criticism is similar to what Joe is saying. I don't think it was as much as a collaborative effort for the band, which, of course, is primarily because of our digital world. However, I still think it is a highly quality piece of work and, overall, stands up well against the band's earlier work. Yes - it is different, but so are many of their earlier albums. For me - different is good! It's part of what I love so much about this band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016