Page 301 of 303 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Okay, it's Bill Maher ranting on his show as he usually does at the end of it, and he's going on about people being so super absorbed with their cell phones and so preoccupied with taking selfies that they are losing out on being "in the moment" when something important is happening.
    Gee, who did I immediately think of?!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

that's a tough one, Ktdids. Could it be the guy in your avatar? Lol
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

Okay, this is weird. I was visiting a private art collection on Saturday for my research, in the West of Ireland, and I noticed the guide had an American accent but I didn't say anything to him. Anyway, he was talking about a painting though he admitted to not knowing much about art. It was a painting of a mother and child and was painted by the owner of the house who went on to play a prominent role in Irish politics and so she had always been seen as quite selfish because she apparently put her political role ahead of her role as a 'mother'. So the guide said, 'but I think you can't judge her as there are three sides to every story - hers, ours and the cold hard truth!......

....and I said (naturally), that's a quote from a song by my favourite singer Don Henley...

....and the guide says, 'well, I'm from Texas too so I guess I must have picked it up sometime from him!!!'

Of course, I was stunned and pleasantly surprised to think that I can't go anywhere without being reminded of Don !

But honestly, if you knew Ireland and the fact that the Eagles would be well known but not necessarily Don Henley, you would realised how random this really was and you'd get a freaky feeling too...Don, you're following me everywhere I LUV IT!!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DD, too cool! Don is everywhere!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    But honestly, if you knew Ireland and the fact that the Eagles would be well known but not necessarily Don Henley, you would realised how random this really was and you'd get a freaky feeling too...Don, you're following me everywhere I LUV IT!!!!
    Hasn't Don said that he has some Irish heritage in his family and, if I'm not mistaken, since 911, Timothy has taken up Irish citizenship.

http://www.derryjournal.com/what-s-o...iven-1-2848078

I remember that an Eagles European tour, some years ago, included a vacation in Ireland, although I'm pretty sure that they didn't all spend it together.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Every time I see a Maserati, I hear Joe's voice in my head, "My Maseraaaaahhti does 185." It's hard-wired in my brain! Darn that Mr. Walsh.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

DD, that is very cool and unexpected surprise. I bet that made your day!

NMB, mowbthe song is playing in my head. Lol. Sadly, I've never seen a Maserati. Experience foreign sports cars aren't very common here.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

DD - that was cool and for the west of Ireland, that was really random on the Don Henley bit

I read recently in the GuideLive Dallas interview where Don said about his mother bringing out the Irish in her and joining another church as Don was being labelled a 'Bad Boy" - so that's cool

"There was a sermon that was clearly about me. Didn't mention me by name but was clearly about me and my career and the sinfulness of it and the tawdriness of it. So my mother, being the Irish girl that she was, joined the Methodist church the next day and never went back."
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Is Don Irish on the paternal side as well? I guess because of Henley-on-Thames, I always assumed that was an English name.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    DD - that was cool and for the west of Ireland, that was really random on the Don Henley bit

I read recently in the GuideLive Dallas interview where Don said about his mother bringing out the Irish in her and joining another church as Don was being labelled a 'Bad Boy" - so that's cool

"There was a sermon that was clearly about me. Didn't mention me by name but was clearly about me and my career and the sinfulness of it and the tawdriness of it. So my mother, being the Irish girl that she was, joined the Methodist church the next day and never went back."
    Thanks for finding that Lacken101. Don's done so many interviews, I wouldn't know where to start looking.

I'm surprised that Tim's gone Irish. His name definitely originates from Germany as, apparently, does Frey. The most Irish name would be Walsh.