Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley in the Press - Retro Edition!

Border Desperado

Default Re: Don Henley in the Press - Retro Edition!

Thanks Soda!

Love these old articles- helps me catch up on things I missed!!

these are awesome

Thanks for finding all these great things Soda! I'm playing catch up on my computer because I was trying to read these on my phone, and everything was just too much of a blur to read, so it's Eagles music while I click away and wallow in it all!

Thanks so much for these, I've read all of them now, and I've learned a lot of things I didn't know before.
    ~Sara

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I followed a quote that I saw on FB to an article on Don - called 'Inside Don Henley' from 10 years ago !

I loved the quote - "Yeah, I'm a fighter, I'm a trouble-maker," Henley says with a smile. "Well, I'm part Irish, you know. I have a thing about small guys getting bullied by big guys." especially the part Irish bit

Its an interesting read - but "Henley is a tall, thin, handsome man with short, red hair (RED hair ?? ) and intense blue eyes (so true) "
    The writer must have been blinded by his intense blue eyes to see the true color of his hair ....
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Troubadour

Love this article, Lacken , especially the bit where Don considers himself half-Irish...yeah, I think we'd adopt him, don't you? The Irish reference might have thrown the interviewer and she immediately assumed Don must have red hair if he's got Irish blood! Though, I do think the crew cut he wore for Inside Job was a reddish hue, so maybe she wasn't far wrong. It was one of my least favourite looks, together with the tinted glasses though we did get to see his gorgeous clefted chin...hmmm

He's just so articulate and clever isn't he? Did I mention that I love him?
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

The quote said part Irish, not half Irish. To be half Irish you would have to have an Irish parent. I have an Irish background too (so does Glenn) but 'part Irish' isn't a phrase I would use. My great great grandfather was Irish.

DD, his hair does look somewhat red in your avatar.