Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

Default Re: Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

Yes he's on there. Its a nice picture of him. It looks like a picture from the HOTE tour.

I was looking through my David Bowie RS special edition and they do have old articles from previous interviews, album guide, top best songs, and a little history of David in there. So that sounds about right with what's in the magazine.

I need to get to someplace and find this...

I'm NOT a Rolling Stone magazine/RNRHOF fan but I'll buy this because A - it's new and about the Eagles and B - they finally did a tribute cover.

The closest place I'll be is probably next week. I hope to find a store with a copy. If not, I'll peruse eBay for one.

My plan is to read it and then frame it for my guitar room (which already has an Eagles poster), in fact I might buy two copies.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
    My local B&N didn't have either the RS magazine or Guitar Techniques. The person I talked to didn't know when they would get it. So bummed.

Shun, you may have mentioned but I don't recall. Is Glenn on the cover of the GT magazine?

I hope I'll be able to find both magazines this weekend. My daughter is amused by my desperation.
    I saw the gt mag w glenn on cover but did not purchase too much $$

Does anyone know if its available in the UK?
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

I just found out there's another Books A Million about an hour and a half away from me. I'm heading that way for a concert so I will check out their BAM and see if they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    I saw the gt mag w glenn on cover but did not purchase too much $$
    I didn't buy it because of that. It was a full page of an article on Glenn and the rest of the pages were sheet music to a song. I don't remembered what song it is. I wasn't going to pay 16.00 dollars for one page article and a sheet music. I'm sorry. If it was a whole magazine dedicated to him, I would had bought it, but not a one page and five pages on a song.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I found it!!! It was at my local Walmart and they had a ton. It was the first place I went to as well since I was getting my haircut and had to wait before they could actually do it. I was surprised to find it right off the bat but glad to see Walmart does indeed have it. I'm sure other stores in most towns will, as well as those like Target.

I've looked through it first at the photos and a lot I've seen on here (some my favorites of Glenn) but there were still some newer ones to me as well. I'm really excited to read Don's new feature on all the albums, and I've never read a lot of the older articles they put in here so I'm excited to finally do so. Now I'm just trying to figure out the best way to display it. I know my Dad & brother had magazine protectors before for the sports memorabilia they collect. I'm so glad I found this, and a different book I had been waiting on finally arrived today too, so it's been a great day so far.

ETA: I read Don's new interview and it's great. Very insightful on the albums and love how he talks about Glenn and the memories with him.
    Last edited by buffyfan145; 04-30-2016 at 08:38 PM.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

They got the date wrong of the picture next to the "Take It Easy" story in the 40 Greatest Songs section. I think the date should be 1974/75 but they have it as 72. A dead giveaway is the fact that Felder is in it.

I found the RS today at my grocery store!!

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I cannot find it. very upset right now....