Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Thanks, FP! It's a good codename, but I haven't really given Glenn's recent album a fair shake. It's not the kind of music I listen to, but I like his vocals on the few songs I've listened to so far.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Carrie Underwood has a new song called "Dirty Laundry" and totally threw me off at first but it's not a cover. LOL Reminds me too of Keith Urban's latest single was called "Wasted Time" (he has another one out).
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I have a great uncle who was born in 1947. At my family reunion, I looked at photos from previous reunions. In one of the photos, my uncle looked alot like an HFO era Don Henley, complete with the baby blue eyes and all. This photo was from the mid 90s.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

As I mentioned in the TV show thread I've been finally watching "Gilmore Girls" and I'm close to halfway through season 2 and it dawned on me tonight why David Sutcliffe's (who plays Rory's father Christopher) voice sounded so familiar and it's because it sounds like Glenn's. David's voice is a bit higher pitched but the accent and just the way he says certain words and phrases sound the same. They don't look alike and David is actually Canadian but David doing an American Mid-Western accent sounds so much like Glenn.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Usually, I am the only one wearing an Eagles shirt when I go to class. However, as I was snatching change from the vending machine dispensers, I spotted someone around my age wearing what looked like a "Selected Works"-era Eagles t-shirt.

That provides me some comfort, as I have been told by a couple of people who know of my favourite band that I need to branch out musically.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

So I usually keep up with Billy Crudup's movies since I saw him playing Russell in "Almost Famous" and he was based off Glenn, and found out this morning he's been casted in the film version of "The Flash" as Barry Allen's dad Henry!!! I've been a huge fan of "The Flash" since I was little and watched the 90s TV show with John Wesley Shipp with my parents, and then the "Justice League" 90s/early 2000s cartoon, and for the past 3 years the current "Flash" TV show with Grant Gustin. Barry's my 2nd favorite superhero after Batman. LOL So Billy's joining another of my fandoms.

Also what I love about this casting is that DC is doing the same as the current "Flash" TV show where Barry's father is played by an actor who already played a similar character. John, who was 90s Barry, now is Barry's father Henry (and in one of the alternative universe Earths is still The Flash), and Billy also played a similar character of a scientist who gets struck by lightning and gets superpowers in "Watchmen" (which is also a DC comic but different universe). I get so emotional seeing John play Barry's dad and I know I'm going to now with Billy playing Ezra Miller's version of Barry's dad and with how Billy played a version of Glenn.

So takes like father, like son to another level.
    ~*Amanda*~

Just saw Sam Neill got casted in the 3rd "Thor" film from Marvel "Ragnarok" and they're being really secretive about who he's playing. A lot of us Marvel fans including me are thinking he's going to play one of the Norse gods and one of the main ones they haven't casted yet is the god Freyr (sometimes spelled Frey). I saw it was posted before about how Glenn's last name comes from this and it made me think of Glenn too with the casting.

Ragnarok in Norse myth is like the "end of days" for Asgard (the realm of the gods) so they have to band together to stop it. So it would make sense for us to see the other gods that haven't been shown yet in the other films like Freyr, his twin sister Freya the goddess of fate, Idun the goddess of the apples, and many more. They already have all the days of the week gods casted expect Freyr & Freya (though some think Friday might really be named after Frigga, who in the Marvel movies/comics is Thor and Loki's mom and Odin's wife). The others are Tyr (Tuesday), Odin (Wednesday), and Thor (Thursday). Plus the other gods and goddess like Loki, Sif, and Hela. So I'm really hoping we'll finally have the twins in this.
    ~*Amanda*~

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

The title of the Monkees' song "Randy Scouse Git," apparently a big hit for the band, makes me think a little of the Randman. The music doesn't so much.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Most of Friday's programming on the Decades TV channel was devoted to James Dean, since Friday marked the 61st anniversary of his passing.
    -Kim-

I'm currently at my local bar/grill, and a friend of mine is providing live music entertainment. After a few beers, I ask him what Eagles songs he knows.

Him: What one you want to hear?
    Me: one that Glenn Frey sang.
    Him: I can't remember which ones he sang.
    Me: Take It Easy, Lyin'Eyes, New Kid in Town

My friend plays and sings Lyin' Eyes in full on his guitar, without missing a beat. He's not Glenn Frey, but he did a great job.

He then goes to his keyboard and does New Kid in Town. He couldn't remember all of the words , but still he did a good job.
    -Kim-