Page 81 of 129 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Love your avatar FP!

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    That was soo freaking wrong!!!
    Great emoticons, Shun! Plus I'm crazy for your avatar - they all look so happy!

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/

IHeart Radio brought back David Bowie's Tribute radio station today for the one year anniversary of his death. I wonder if they will do that for Glenn next week, but I won't hold my breath on that. I will post if they do.

Stuck on the Border

There's a new Bowie documentary which is one of the reasons why the anniversary is getting publicity.

I'll be happy if the anniversary of Glenn's death passes unnoticed by most. I'm looking forward to stories of the Border gathering, but that's about it.

I saw the new documentary on David this weekend. I enjoyed it.

There's one facebook page I know that will say something about Glenn's death. The guy is a huge fan of the Eagles and acknowledge Glenn's birthday in November(some didn't). Heck he acknowledge all the Eagles' birthday. I know he's going to say something. He's got a great facebook page where he spotlights artists from the 70s, 80s and 90s.

The College Knowledge of Rock & Roll(whatever its called) might say something about Glenn's death (even though they forgot to say something about Glenn's birthday ).

I think they will say something about Glenn's death on different facebook pages, but that's it. Like I said about the tribute station on IHeart Radio. I won't hold my breath on them during that for Glenn. I wouldn't be surprise if they did it for Prince.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-10-2017 at 05:55 PM.

I forgot to mention that this past weekend Walmart Radio (aired in stores) had a segment called "Artists Who Will Live On" through their music. There were ten featured, of which Glenn was one. It wasn't a 2016 retrospective, because it included John Lennon and Elvis. The DJs pronounced his name "fray" and poorly sang a piece of "The Heat is On" after it played. But I was glad to hear him mentioned among those we lost too soon.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's really nice FF they included him. I'm hoping to see posts on all my social media sites, and I know other fans will for sure on them as I will be posting on all. It might not be as largely covered as Bowie's currently is but a lot of us will be posting.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

My current signature remembers them both. I associate the song with them both.

Stuck on the Border

Joe:
    “To have spent the time that I got to spend with Glenn, it was life changing. He was such a good friend. Such a good musician, and he had such a grasp of the big picture, y’know? He knew what he wanted to do, and it was make the Eagles into exactly what they were…This has been said about him, but he was like the coach of a football team, y’know?…We all had so much respect for him that we all let him run with the football. I always thought when I first was going to join, I thought with the vocals and the songwriting that’s already in place, ‘Boy, I could play some kick-ass guitar on that!’ I’m just grateful for the time that Glenn was in my life, because he took the quality of my whole life up a big notch.”

http://wror.com/2017/01/12/joe-walsh...s-impact-life/

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What an awesome thing to say, Joe!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten