Page 9 of 140 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Bicycle stolen

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

AG, what a nice lady! Send up a few prayers for her. Can't hurt!

AT, oh no! I hope you get it back!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    AG, what a nice lady! Send up a few prayers for her. Can't hurt!

AT, oh no! I hope you get it back!
    I only have cheap old rusty bikes. I'm likely to get a new shiny one now. I do use it a lot, and hence feel that it would be a justified purchase.

It's not worth claiming on my insurance, as the value is not much above my excess and my premiums would go up.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's so nice Kim!!! Love hearing stories like that.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I have always joked that I could be the reincarnation of Duane Allman. We are both Blues based guitarists and love southern rock and Eric Clapton etc. We also have the same birthday! I was born on November 20th 1998 he was born on November 20th 1946 he is 52 years older then me. We also share the same birthday as Joe. I also share a birthday with my cousin. He is exactly 18 years older then me.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I hope your old bike is found, or you're able to get a new one, AT.

Have any of you ever taken an exam that you just knew you wouldn't do well on, but by some miracle, you did do well?

I had my first U.S. history exam this past Thursday, which covered everything from the beginning of human existence to right before Jamestown was settled. This isn't my area of expertise, except for the very tail end of the test. I barely studied for the test; I barely got any sleep the night before, and I arrived 15 minutes late for the test due to lack of sleep. I just knew I would flunk the test. After doing the test, I told myself "if I get C, I'll be happy." I was the last one to turn in their test, and I told my professor that I thought I'd bombed the test. (I'm a history major, so just picture how horrible that would sound.) I actually didn't finish the test at the end of the class period, but due to my disability, I'm allowed extra time. My professor had confidence in me; he thought I did fine.
    Well, I got my grade this afternoon, and made a 100 (150/150 points possible). Needless to say, my jaw dropped when I saw my grade. I'm still not sure if my professor didn't make a mistake while grading. There were 2 extra credit questions I know I answered correctly. I really shocked myself on that one, in a good way.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's great Kim!!! I had that happen quite often and some I studied for but still thought I would do badly. The worst was the standardize tests we had to do to graduate high school. I was so nervous I was going to fail but passed them all first try (they've also changed a lot since I took them over 15 years ago).
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I have always joked that I could be the reincarnation of Duane Allman. We are both Blues based guitarists and love southern rock and Eric Clapton etc. We also have the same birthday! I was born on November 20th 1998 he was born on November 20th 1946 he is 52 years older then me. We also share the same birthday as Joe. I also share a birthday with my cousin. He is exactly 18 years older then me.
    Interesting, tm.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I hope your old bike is found, or you're able to get a new one, AT.

Have any of you ever taken an exam that you just knew you wouldn't do well on, but by some miracle, you did do well?

I had my first U.S. history exam this past Thursday, which covered everything from the beginning of human existence to right before Jamestown was settled. This isn't my area of expertise, except for the very tail end of the test. I barely studied for the test; I barely got any sleep the night before, and I arrived 15 minutes late for the test due to lack of sleep. I just knew I would flunk the test. After doing the test, I told myself "if I get C, I'll be happy." I was the last one to turn in their test, and I told my professor that I thought I'd bombed the test. (I'm a history major, so just picture how horrible that would sound.) I actually didn't finish the test at the end of the class period, but due to my disability, I'm allowed extra time. My professor had confidence in me; he thought I did fine.
    Well, I got my grade this afternoon, and made a 100 (150/150 points possible). Needless to say, my jaw dropped when I saw my grade. I'm still not sure if my professor didn't make a mistake while grading. There were 2 extra credit questions I know I answered correctly. I really shocked myself on that one, in a good way.
    That's great, AG!! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Bicycle stolen
    AT, so sorry about your bike. Have you a new one yet?