Page 60 of 172 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Giing to bed work tomorrow post up day yipee

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I'm at Universal Studios Hollywood! Will report back!
    Universal Studios Hollywood is excellent. It is small compared to Disneyland (Anaheim), there are only about 10 attractions, total. The staff is very friendly, and the place is very clean and first rate.

The Studio Tour lasts about 40 minutes and you get to see all of the sound stages and bungalow offices where they're actually working. Also 3D King Kong fighting a tyrannosaurus, Jaws shark, Psycho sets, etc...They were filming a tv show as we drove by, and you could see the crew at the craft services table. It is a working lot.

I saw Maria Menounos coming from a taping of Extra - very pretty. They are filming Extra right on site now - fans can just walk up and watch the taping.

The best part was there is a new ride called Despicable Me Minion Mayhem - it is not actually a ride, it is a "virtual rollercoaster" - you are in a seat in a theater that doesn't go anywhere, but in 3D, boy, does it feel like you're going somewhere! The ride isn't officially open yet, they are still testing it, and we got to do it four times yesterday - no lines. Wen't back to do it again today, and it was closed, getting ready for the grand opening. The Simpsons ride is similar - 3D and scary/fun.

This place is expensive - $139 for a Front of the Line ticket, $84 for regular. Definitely worth it if you go to Hollywood, though. The views of the Hollywood Hills, Burbank and and the Warner Bros lot are fantastic. There is a VIP tour that is very behind the scenes that I think would be great for adults who are interested in seeing the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    Getting ready to go hear the Harlem Gospel Choir!
    Nice. What did they perform?

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Universal Studios Hollywood is excellent. It is small compared to Disneyland (Anaheim), there are only about 10 attractions, total. The staff is very friendly, and the place is very clean and first rate.

The Studio Tour lasts about 40 minutes and you get to see all of the sound stages and bungalow offices where they're actually working. Also 3D King Kong fighting a tyrannosaurus, Jaws shark, Psycho sets, etc...They were filming a tv show as we drove by, and you could see the crew at the craft services table. It is a working lot.

I saw Maria Menounos coming from a taping of Extra - very pretty. They are filming Extra right on site now - fans can just walk up and watch the taping.

The best part was there is a new ride called Despicable Me Minion Mayhem - it is not actually a ride, it is a "virtual rollercoaster" - you are in a seat in a theater that doesn't go anywhere, but in 3D, boy, does it feel like you're going somewhere! The ride isn't officially open yet, they are still testing it, and we got to do it four times yesterday - no lines. Wen't back to do it again today, and it was closed, getting ready for the grand opening. The Simpsons ride is similar - 3D and scary/fun.

This place is expensive - $139 for a Front of the Line ticket, $84 for regular. Definitely worth it if you go to Hollywood, though. The views of the Hollywood Hills, Burbank and and the Warner Bros lot are fantastic. There is a VIP tour that is very behind the scenes that I think would be great for adults who are interested in seeing the real thing.
    oh MC...sounds wonderful...just one more reason I want to visit California!!!...as if I needed any more reasons...

Listening to music and working on a computer.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Headed to Woodstock for the weekend to celebrate my 12th anniversary with my darlin'!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Hubba hubba, T&H! JK, have a great time!

Aw, congrats T&H, have a GREAT one

I'm at home nursing a flu, not too bad though, I got to go to a market event earlier today, it was nice in an old fashioned way(people selling food and various kind of handmade things)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Feel better BF!

Congrats on your anniversary T&H.

I'm watching the History of the Eagles doc.......
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    Headed to Woodstock for the weekend to celebrate my 12th anniversary with my darlin'!
    Awwww, congrats T&H! Hope you had a great time!

bf, hope you're feeling better!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten