Page 108 of 172 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1718

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Feel better, AG!
    Thanks LT! I've developed a low grade fever, so it looks like I'll be making an unwanted trip to the doctor on Monday. . I know what the infection is (not my first go-around with it), but this is the first time it's come with a fever.

However, resting and drinking some cool water seems to be helping some.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Eating the first bag of fresh boiled peanuts of the year. I'm in heaven. Boiled peanuts are my favorite snack!
    -Kim-

Smile Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Eating the first bag of fresh boiled peanuts of the year. I'm in heaven. Boiled peanuts are my favorite snack!

I love those Carolina boiled peanuts, too, AG! Hope you're better today!

I'm playing Poco albums this afternoon, along with Timothy B.'s Expando, then out to the Tar-jay to do a bit of shopping.

Have A Good Day

Border Desperado

I took my granddaughter and 3 of her friends to see One Direction in Columbus, OH last night. I couldn't hear for hours because of all the shrill screaming of the mostly tween and teen girl audience. It was interesting to observe. It was a fun time for the girls and I'm grateful for the chance to make and share memories with her.

Smile Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I took my granddaughter and 3 of her friends to see One Direction in Columbus, OH last night. I couldn't hear for hours because of all the shrill screaming of the mostly tween and teen girl audience. It was interesting to observe. It was a fun time for the girls and I'm grateful for the chance to make and share memories with her.
    Yes, this will be a terrific memory you can share and talk about for a long time to come! How fun!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    I love those Carolina boiled peanuts, too, AG! Hope you're better today!

I'm playing Poco albums this afternoon, along with Timothy B.'s Expando, then out to the Tar-jay to do a bit of shopping.

Have A Good Day
    For me, any boiled peanuts are good. I'll even eat the canned ones that you buy in stores. The batch I ate were local. My mom bought 'em for me at a small local IGA grocery store.

I'm slowly starting to feel better. Hope those Poco albums were good! I've yet to listen to my vinyl copy of Picking Up the Pieces.
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've never heard of boiled peanuts! Are all peanuts bought in cans or jars boiled? (Planters, etc)
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Brooke - the Planters peanuts in cans and jars are not the boiled peanuts that AG95 and the others are talking about now. Since AG95 is living in GA I bet she is talking about peanuts that are actually boiled in their shells in salty water. I'm sorry but those things are AWFUL!!
    Seriously my dad loved boiled peanuts. When we would visit our relatives in FL one of his favorite pasttimes was to go to the flea market and walk around after picking up a bag of boiled peanuts. I never developed a taste for them and I will try them every once in a while.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hmmmmm, maybe I'm not missing anything!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

HB is right Brooke. Basically, once you pick the peanuts, you wash them thoroughly to get all of the dirt out. Then you get a big pot, fill it about half full of water, dump the peanuts in, let them boil for 3-4 hours, and add salt every half hour or so to your liking. I go crazy for them! It's that time of the year again! Here in Georgia, there are festivals just for peanuts (as well as grits and even fire ants ). I'm only about 80 miles away from the national peanut festival, just outside of Dothan, Alabama. It's the local favorite snack!

There are canned boiled peanuts, but they're nothing compared to fresh ones. Planters does make great roasted peanuts, though.

I've eaten so many at one time that I ended up in the emergency room because the massive amount of salt caused my blood pressure to skyrocket.
    -Kim-